FLUSHING, N.Y., August 25, 2023 – The USTA today announced that five additional organizations from the tennis world have joined USTA Connect. USTA Connect was formed earlier in 2023, with the goal of increasing communication and integration throughout the tennis industry. A focus will be place on the better sharing and utilization of information and data to maximum growth for all areas of the game, and for the respective entities involved. The USTA Connect platform will be used to integrate tennis facilities, software providers, industry associations, retailers and manufacturers to facilitate connectivity to help continue the growth of the game of tennis.
The five new partners are:
- Babolat: Founded in Lyon, France, in 1875, one year after the rules of tennis were established, Babolat is the oldest international company specialized in racquet sports. A pioneer of innovation, Babolat invented tennis strings in 1875 and launched its first racquets in 1994. Family-run for five generations, Babolat is an innovative brand providing a complete range of equipment for all players of tennis, pickleball, and padel, including racquets, strings, shoes, balls, bags, apparel, and accessories. Babolat equips top tennis, pickleball, and padel players on courts around the world. Babolat also partners with 20,000 clubs in 150+ countries, as well as legendary tennis brands including Wimbledon. Babolat
- Fromuth: One of the leading equipment suppliers (and the official on site retailer at the USTA National Campus) in the racquet sports industry. Fromuth
- MatchTime: For over 16 years, MatchTime has made managing tennis teams, leagues, and tournaments less work and more fun. With their easy-to-use website and mobile app, they save captains and league directors valuable time so their players can do what they do best - get on the court and compete. Matchtime
- Plan2Play: Plan2Play revolutionizes tennis center operations by offering a comprehensive platform that seamlessly handles court reservations, program management, lessons, and player scheduling. Our cutting-edge solution empowers tennis center leaders and staff to effortlessly optimize court utilization, streamline program logistics, and facilitate hassle-free team and recreational play scheduling. With 16 years of expertise, we deliver a game-changing experience that enhances efficiency and player engagement, backed by innovative technology tailored to the unique needs of tennis centers. Plan2Play
- PlaySight: PlaySight has emerged as a leader in the sports technology marketplace, bringing the most advanced and elite capabilities to all levels of sport, all over the world: automated and remote production broadcast, video replay (VAR), pro level coaching tools, and a live and on demand sports OTT channel – the PlaySight Sports Network (PSSN). PlaySight SmartCourt AI technology powers athletes, coaches, teams and leagues all over the world with its connected camera platform. Its technology is currently used by the USTA, hundreds of college tennis programs, the NBA, MLB, NHL, IMG Academy and more in a variety of sports, including tennis, pickleball, padel, basketball, baseball, hockey and others. More information is available at www.playsight.com
These new partners join the following organizations already a part of USTA Connect:
- ITA (Intercollegiate Tennis Association)
- ITF (International Tennis Federation)
For more information about USTA Connect, please visit usta.com/ustaconnect
The USTA is the national governing body for the sport of tennis in the U.S. and the leader in promoting and developing the growth of tennis at every level -- from local communities to the highest level of the professional game. A not-for-profit organization, it invests 100% of its proceeds in growing the game. It owns and operates the US Open, one of the highest-attended annual sporting events in the world, and launched the US Open Series, linking seven summer WTA and ATP World Tour tournaments to the US Open. In addition, it owns approximately 120 Pro Circuit events throughout the U.S. and selects the teams for the Davis Cup, Billie Jean King Cup, Olympic and Paralympic Games. The USTA’s philanthropic entity, the USTA Foundation, provides grants and scholarships in addition to supporting tennis and education programs nationwide to benefit under-resourced youth through the National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) network. For more information about the USTA, go to USTA.com or follow the official accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
Contact: Brendan McIntyre, USTA Communications, email@example.com