May 15, 2017
USTA Northern is one of 17 Sections nationally of the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and consists of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and the Northwestern part of Wisconsin which includes the following counties: Barron, Bayfield, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rush, St. Croix, Sawyer, Trempealeau and Washburn. A 501 (c)(3) non-profit entity, USTA Northern has the third smallest membership in the United States.
An elected Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing the business of the Section. The headquarters are located at the Life Time Fitness facility in Bloomington, Minn. The Section has a staff of 16 people in the Bloomington office, and an additional Tennis Services Representative representing North and South Dakota based in Moorhead, Minn.
Our core programs are USTA Leagues, School Tennis, Team Tennis and Junior and Adult Tournaments. Other initiatives that we support include Community Tennis, Tennis Infrastructure, National Junior Tennis & Learning, Beginning Youth and Adult Tennis, Collegiate Tennis, Innovative Tournaments, Special Events, Adaptive Tennis and High School play. Our primary focus is teaching, mentoring and coaching individuals and organizations that grow tennis. In other cases, we conduct programming including tournaments, leagues and special events. To help in reaching diverse participants, we partner with organizations whose focus and mission meets these demographics.
USTA Northern Mission Statement
To promote and develop the growth of tennis
USTA Northern Vision Statement
Provide access to tennis programming for all people in USTA Northern and create opportunities to enjoy the social, physical and health benefits provided by the sport of tennis.
USTA Northern Core Values
USTA Northern Core Values constitute the fundamental beliefs of the organization. While goals present a clear direction, Core Values serve as our compass.
· Accountability - USTA Northern staff and volunteers accept responsibility and accountability for how their actions support the USTA Northern mission.
· Commitment and Teamwork - USTA Northern is committed to its mission and believes that mission can best be achieved through the efforts of volunteers, staff and strategic partners working as a team.
· Inclusiveness - USTA Northern actively seeks to include all people who play, watch, support, and/or enjoy the game of tennis in its events, programs, membership, leadership and activities on a non-discriminatory basis.
· Integrity - USTA Northern is committed to the highest standards of integrity, honesty and ethics.
· Service - USTA Northern continually strives for excellence and is dedicated to providing outstanding service and value.
USTA Northern Strategic Priorities
· Adult/Senior Opportunities
· Community Tennis
· Youth/Junior Opportunities
USTA Northern Bylaws
For the USTA Northern Bylaws, click here.
USTA Northern Diversity & Inclusion
For USTA Northern Diversity & Inclusion plan, click here.
For USTA Northern Board of Directors, click here.
For USTA Northern Committee Members, click here.
Work In Tennis
For job opportunities within USTA Northern, click here.
1001 West 98th Street, Suite 101
Bloomington, Minn. 55431
Phone (952) 887-5001
Fax (952) 887-5061
For a staff directory, click here.