This is the membership endpoints html.
Wheelchair Tennis Tournament
LEVELS 4 AND 5
Interested in hosting a wheelchair tennis tournament, but unsure of the requirements to host? The info below will help you get started!
Who should I contact to begin the process?
- All level 4 and 5 wheelchair tennis tournaments are sanctioned through your section or district offices.
- Contact your local USTA section or district offices and they will assist you through the sanctioning process.
What staff will my tournament need?
- Tournament Director - Oversees and conducts all aspects of the event
- Tournament Referee
How many days do I need for the tournament?
- Level 4 events may not exceed three days.
- Level 5 events cannot have players compete in the tournament for a period longer than one day.
- Level 5 events can be a partial day (i.e. 3 hours).
What are the facility requirements and what amenities should I provide?
- Tennis sites should be wheelchair accessible. Consider courts, restrooms and other common areas.
- Provide water for players. Consider snacks and light meals for multi-day events.
- If necessary, provide a hotel room block near the tournament site.
- For events lasting more than one day, consider a weather proof storage area for wheelchairs.
- A wheelchair repair area with appropriate tools is recommended.