Eastern School Tennis
February 16, 2017
What can USTA Eastern do for you?
Schools and After School Providers that are interested in starting or expanding their tennis program qualify for various benefits, including:
1. The opportunity to host a School Tennis Workshop. This is a free, 3-hour, interactive workshop conducted by a USTA Eastern Schools Clinician that will provide Physical Education Teachers, Tennis Coaches, After School Program Providers, and others with training on how to easily incorporate tennis into their curriculum and existing program. Workshop hosts can qualify for free incentives including equipment, a set of laminated station signs, a copy of the USTA School Tennis Curriculum Kit, a Tennis Skillastics Kit, and more.
2. The School Tennis Curriculum Kit. Developed by Dr. Robert Pangrazi and other experts in the field, the USTA School Tennis Curriculum meets NASPE standards and contains a complete teaching manual, instructional DVD, quick-reference pocket guide, and a CD of animated station signs. In addition, other resource materials are available including the Kids' Tennis Club Playbook and the Partner with Schools Handbook.
3. Access to deeply-discounted, and possibly free equipment through the USTA Eastern and USTA Discount Equipment program.
4. The ability to apply for grants at the Regional, Sectional, and/or National levels.
5. The opportunity to host a School Tennis Assembly and/or similar event to kick-off the program and to promote other tennis opportunities in the area.
6. Technical expertise from USTA Eastern Staff and Clinicians.
Joe Steger, Sectional Schools Program Coordinator