August 1, 2018
What can USTA Eastern do for you?
Schools and After School Providers that are interested in starting or expanding their tennis program qualify for various benefits, including:
1. The opportunity to host a School Tennis Workshop. This is a free, 3-hour, interactive workshop conducted by a USTA Eastern Schools Clinician that will provide Physical Education Teachers, Tennis Coaches, After School Program Providers, and others with training on how to easily incorporate tennis into their curriculum and existing program. Workshop hosts can qualify for free incentives including equipment.
2. The Net Generation School Tennis Curriculum. Co-created by the USTA and SHAPE America, every activity within each lesson meets SHAPE standards and current grade-level outcomes. USTA provides everything needed to start and maintain a school program.ADVERTISEMENT
3. The equipment starter kit as a registered Net Generation School includes:
Racquets, balls, rolls of tape, chalk, and apparel for class leaders.
Free online and in-person training.
Print or online suite of teaching materials.
Digital communications providing new program information, educational content, and support to build Net Generation in your school.
Newsletter sharing best practices and success stories of Net Generation school programs.
Comprehensive, turnkey curricula created by the USTA & SHAPE America.
4. The ability to apply for grants at the Regional, Sectional, and/or National levels.
5. The opportunity to host a School Tennis Assembly and/or similar event to kick-off the program and to promote other tennis opportunities in the area.
6. Technical expertise from USTA Eastern Staff and Clinicians.
Joe Steger, USTA Eastern Schools Program Contact