MID-ATLANTIC TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS
October 1, 2017
- Tips on successfully hosting USTA tournaments
- Host Xpress Tournaments for entry level 8 junior players.
- Host a Tennis BASH – a simple, clearly defined, turn-key and consistently fantastic entry-level tournament experience! Find out more and fill out the form and send it to Rob Issem.
Junior Tournament Resources
USTA Mid-Atlantic has created these tips and resources to help you get familiar with the different levels of play and the player pathway as it relates to establishing effective tournaments. Find information on regulations, level, recommended entry fees, duration, match format and draw formats. Please review this information to best prepare for your tournament.
- Mid-Atlantic 2017 Junior Tournament Pathway Tournament Guide
- Mid-Atlantic Junior Pathway Explained
- Mid-Atlantic Junior Tournament Regulations and Point Tables (2017)
- Mid-Atlantic Junior Tournament Regulations and Point Tables (2018)
- Grants are available for entry level tournaments!
- Mid-Atlantic Tournament Resource Library
All youth tournament directors in the Mid-Atlantic Section are required to be fully Safe Play approved on netgeneration.com. ADVERTISEMENT By joining the Net Generation as a provider, you'll help the USTA create fun and safe opportunities for kids to learn and play tennis. You'll also gain access to educational tools and resources to help you take your coaching and organization to the next level. For specific questions, please contact Bonnie Vona.
Adult Tournament Resources
- Adult tournament types and formats
- Adult tournament handbook for tournament directors
- Adult tournament regulations
Get Started Hosting Tournaments
Now that you reviewed all the resources, take the following steps for success hosting tournaments for juniors or adults.
- Complete a TD agreement
- Review the Easy Sanction Form and complete a Sanction Application – junior tournaments only
- View the webinar to learn to use the tournament data manager program
Post Tournament Resources
Your event is complete; there’s just a few last steps to finish things up!
- Email a tournament evaluation to all participants
- Remit tournament player fees to USTA Mid-Atlantic
- Copy the sanction application to next year and submit for approval
General Tournament Resources