NTRP National Championships
How to Qualify in Middle States
Middle States NTRP National Qualifier
The NTRP Nationals Championships are national adult tournaments that leverage the NTRP rating system as a way to create level-based competition at the 18, 40 and 55 & over age groups. Each year, NTRP National Champions are crowned in men’s and women’s singles and doubles at the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 levels in both 18 & over and 55 & over age groups, as well as at the 5.0 level in the 18 & over divisions.
To qualify for the NTRP National Championships, you must compete in the MIDDLE STATES NTRP NATIONAL QUALIFIER. The winner of this event in each division will receive an automatic entry into the 2023 NTRP Nationals.
The 2023 Middle States NTRP National Qualifier tournament will take place January 6-8 for Adult 18+, and January 13 - 15 for Adult 40 & 55+ at Hershey Racquet Club in Hershey Pa.ADVERTISEMENT
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO REGISTERED MIDDLE STATES PLAYERS ONLY!
REGISTER HERE: NTRP National Qualifier 18 + | NTRP National Qualifier 40 & 55 +
- Players/Teams will be split into different Groups. The best finishers of each Group will take part in a Playoff to determine the champion of their division. It is the Playoff champion who will receive the National "GOLDEN TICKET"
- Best of 3 FAST-4 STYLE short sets (tiebreaker to 5 at 3 games-all)
- The first to 4 games wins the set
- No-Ad Scoring will be used.
- At 3 points all, the next point wins the game.
- The receiver chooses which side the point is played.
Tiebreaker at 3 Games-All
- First to 5 points. 2 points serving each side (starting deuce side)
- Change ends once only after 4 points
- If Tiebreaker reaches 4-4, it's "next point wins" the set
PLAYERS MUST BE PREPARED TO PLAY MULTIPLE MATCHES PER DAY!