Position Title: Head Professional, Owatonna, MN
Compensation (Years 1-3)
1) $2500 per month Services Fee
2) 75% of lessons/instruction revenue
3) 75% Net Revenue on offered events
4) 25% Revenue Generated from Court Fees
5) 100% Pro Shop Revenue
6) 100% Stringing Revenue
Compensation (Future Contract): Refer to Independent Contractor Agreement
The contractor is responsible for teaching small group and private tennis lessons at West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center and other outdoor facilities, offering a variety of tennis related programs, leagues, and drills, and for building a cliental of users for the City of Owatonna’s tennis facilities for open court and tennis program purposes. The contractor is responsible for promoting the City of Owatonna’s tennis program and facilities within the community and surrounding communities.ADVERTISEMENT
The contractor will work with Parks and Recreation staff on tennis programming to include leagues, lessons, tournaments, clinics and other tennis special events. Contractor would be responsible for managing tennis programming to include planning, development of lesson plans, tournament preparation and promoting, hiring, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating of all tennis instructors as well as program evaluations.
The contractor will report directly to the Owatonna Parks and Recreation, Recreation Manager.
PREFERRED CONTRACTOR QUALIFICATIONS
- Four years tennis teaching experience with a tennis club or recreational program
- United States Professional Tennis Association (Professional 1, Professional 2) and/or United States Professional Tennis Registry (Professional, Instructor) certification
- Currently holds or previously held a National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) rating of 4.5 or higher
- Net Generation Certification
- Racquet stringing experience & certification
- College level Tennis playing experience
- USTA Tennis tournament experience
- Additional education or experience related to the Independent Contractor Agreement
- Bachelor’s degree
- First aid/CPR certification
CONTRACTOR PREFERRED SKILLS
• The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Sound professional and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of tennis programming (United States Tennis Association, Professional Tennis Registry, United States Professional Tennis Association), lesson planning, coordinating and scheduling
• Knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to work as a team player
• Ability to plan and organize tennis events
• Ability to adjust to changing situations and unusual circumstances
• The ability to develop positive relationships
• Organizational Skills
• Working knowledge of Social Media
• Provided with an office at West Hills Tennis facility which includes internet access and phone extension.
• Tennis Facilities include indoor and outdoor tennis courts.
• Working hours is dependent on contractor setting the schedule for programming, meetings, lessons, public interaction and other various tasks.
• General public contact is extensive in all aspects of responsibilities.
DEADLINE TO APPLY - June 14, 2019
Please Remit your resume via mail or email to:
Owatonna Parks and Recreation
Attention: Eric Anderson
540 West Hills Circle Owatonna, MN 55060
City of Vadnais Heights
Position Title: Substitute Instructor
The City of Vadnais Heights is currently seeking substitute tennis instructors for Youth Tennis Lessons. Lessons take place Tuesday evenings for youth ages 5-14.
Hourly rate: $12-$14.
Find more information about the tennis program here. Interested instructors may contact Katie Everett, Recreation Supervisor, at 651-204-6060 or email@example.com.
City of New Brighton
Position Title: Youth Tennis Instructor (June 10- August 22)
This position will instruct beginner tennis lessons for preschool (ages 4-6), Elementary age (7 and up) and intermediate tennis lessons for ages 7 and up.
Must be able to teach basic tennis skills to children in a fun and enjoyable manner
Responsible for safety of participants
Responsible for the care of the equipment and supplies
Instructor is responsible to make sure that the courts are in good playing condition and work with Recreation Supervisor to determine cancellations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Organize lesson plans to include warm ups, instruction, drills, games and review.
Be on time for lessons
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of the tennis rules, equipment, strokes, shots, serves and strategies of play.
Knowledge of court etiquette
Knowledge of fun tennis drills and games
One-year teaching experience preferred but not required
High School or College tennis experience preferred but not required
Minimum age of 16
Position is seasonal part-time
Hours are available 9am-Noon and Evenings 5:30pm-8:30pm (June 10-Aug. 22)
Contact Pat Tuma at 651-638-2130 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Operation Manager/Assistant Pro
Reports To: Tennis Director
The Country Club of Sioux Falls
3400 W 22nd street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
The Country Club of Sioux Falls is the Upper Midwest’s premier full service, all season, private club. Along with a brand new clubhouse and 27 holes of golf, the tennis center has three clay outdoor courts and two indoor courts, which allows for play and programming all year round.
A. This position reports to the Tennis Director and is currently about 75-80% administration duties and 20-25% teaching duties. This fluctuates based on the month and needs of current activities.
B. Administration duties include but are not limited too:
1. Being the league coordinator: schedule, organize and run the leagues
2. Oversee the part time staff and scheduling while making sure all shift are covered
3. Help with pro shop sales, inventory and recording
4. Daily facility cleaning and upkeep
5. Assist the tennis director as needed
C. Teaching duties include but are not limited too:
1. Assist the tennis director as needed with large group lessons
2. Teach group lessons on your own as needed (junior and adult)
3. Teach private lessons as needed to help the tennis director and/or as your student base is built up
Full benefits including Health, Aflac, Dental, PTO and 401K are available. Some of these benefits may have a waiting period to be eligible.
For an application or for any questions contact Kevin Plank, CCSF Tennis Director, at 376-2806 or email@example.com.
Position Title: Head Coach – Boys Tennis
· Lead the planning, development and execution of the boys tennis program by focusing on building a positive culture and developing quality relationships with student-athletes and parents.
· Implementation of sound practices and skill development that maximizes student-athlete performance in tennis.
· Provide direction and evaluation for assistant coaches throughout the program to ensure continuity through all levels.
· Communicate effectively with all program stakeholders to ensure a positive, quality experience is provided for our student-athletes
· Manage and track all equipment inventory and program budget each year
· Perform all other duties as outlined by the West Fargo Public Schools, and the NDHSAA.
· Extensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the strategy and technologies of the sport
· Experience interacting with student-athletes, parents, assistant coaches through deliberate, positive interactions
· Ability to serve as an effective role model for student-athletes and represent West Fargo Public Schools with integrity and respect.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.
City of Vadnais Heights Tennis Instructor (Seasonal)
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK
To instruct Preschool and Youth tennis lessons. This is a seasonal position accountable to the Recreation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
Various duties include but are not limited to the following:
Plan, conduct and evaluate tennis program for children ages 5-6 and youth ages 7-14
Must be able to convey the knowledge of the tennis game to participants in an understandable and enjoyable manner
Have everything ready to go before your students arrive
Responsible for the care of the equipment, inform tennis supervisor of needed supplies, repair and/or replacement of
The instructor is responsible to make sure that the courts are in playing condition and will remove debris or water as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Organizing and layout lesson plan and be prepared to submit to Recreation Supervisor
Creativity in planning your lesson plan
Well organized, polite and prompt
Physically able to demonstrate skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
One-year teaching experience preferred
Expert knowledge in the field of tennis
Knowledge of the rules, equipment, strokes, shots, strategies of playing, the court and the etiquette that goes along
with the sport
Excellent Tennis Skills. Minimum age of 17
Previous teaching experience recommended.
Tennis Instructor Workshop opportunities will be made available to applicants that are hired.
Tuesday evenings 5pm-8:00pm, Spring: May 14 – June 11, 2019, Summer: June 25 – July 30, 2019.
$12.00 - $15.00/hr.
Mahtomedi Public Schools
Girls' Head Tennis Coach
Position Type: Athletics/Activities/Coaching
Date Posted: 11/20/2018
Location: High School
Date Available: 08/12/2019
Coaching and/or playing experience preferred. Must meet Head Coaching requirements of the MSHSL. Experience coaching education based athletics required. Licensed teacher preferred.
Call 651-762-5803 for more information
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Effective: 2019-20 School Year