Position Title: Tennis in Your Park Instructor
USTA Northern is seeking applications for instructors (minimum skill level 3.5+) in our summer Tennis in Your Park Adult Lesson Program at park locations throughout the Twin Cities (day and evening sessions available). USTA instructor training is provided.
Our goal is to get more adults playing tennis in their community - and keep them playing - by providing high quality instruction while relaying the value of tennis as a lifelong sport!
2019 Lesson Sites
Bloomington, Burnsville, Eden Prairie, Falcon Heights, Farmington, Inver Grove Heights, Mendota Heights, Minneapolis, New Brighton/Arden Hills, Plymouth, Richfield, Robbinsdale, Roseville, Shoreview, Vadnais Heights, Woodbury
Full position description is listed below. Thank you for your interest!
Report To: Adult Recreational Play Coordinator
A. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist USTA Northern in its mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis with specific responsibilities related to Adult Recreational Tennis and Adult Instruction.
· Provide tennis instruction to adults enrolled in summer lesson programs through their city’s Park and Recreation Department or Community Education.
· Follow USTA-developed curriculum based on the play-to-learn concept.
· Register as a coach on USTA Net Generation; includes Safe Sport Certification and Background Check.
· Attend on court curriculum training on Saturday, May 18 from 9 am to 1:00 pm; also includes USTA Northern onboarding for seasonal employees.
· Communicate with Adult Recreation Play Coordinator on program development and success.
· Lessons will take place at various park locations in the Twin Cities Metro Area.
· Two sessions/levels offered each evening and daytime at most sites: a combination of Beginner, Advanced Beginner and Intermediate.
· Drill and Play option offered at several sites (class is 90 minutes)
· Most programs are six weeks, and begin the week of June 2 or June 9; Minneapolis P&R sites are nine weeks. Some locations offer a second session beginning late summer.
· Minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 (a few communities are max 12) students per class on 2 courts
· Time commitment each evening is typically 2 ½ hours: 2 hours of on-court instruction and I/2 hour prep.
· Experience teaching and playing tennis; comfortable with working with adults
· USPTA/PTR certification desirable but not required
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Strong attention to detail and follow through
· Outgoing personality and positive attitude
· Responsible, prompt, reliable, fun, friendly
F. APPLICATION PROCESS: Fill out and submit the employment application and please indicate general location(s), and day/evening(s) available. This listing will remain open until filled.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Schneider at email@example.com.
Position Title: Operation Manager/Assistant Pro
Reports To: Tennis Director
The Country Club of Sioux Falls
3400 W 22nd street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
The Country Club of Sioux Falls is the Upper Midwest’s premier full service, all season, private club. Along with a brand new clubhouse and 27 holes of golf, the tennis center has three clay outdoor courts and two indoor courts, which allows for play and programming all year round.
A. This position reports to the Tennis Director and is currently about 75-80% administration duties and 20-25% teaching duties. This fluctuates based on the month and needs of current activities.
B. Administration duties include but are not limited too:
1. Being the league coordinator: schedule, organize and run the leagues
2. Oversee the part time staff and scheduling while making sure all shift are covered
3. Help with pro shop sales, inventory and recording
4. Daily facility cleaning and upkeep
5. Assist the tennis director as needed
C. Teaching duties include but are not limited too:
1. Assist the tennis director as needed with large group lessons
2. Teach group lessons on your own as needed (junior and adult)
3. Teach private lessons as needed to help the tennis director and/or as your student base is built up
Full benefits including Health, Aflac, Dental, PTO and 401K are available. Some of these benefits may have a waiting period to be eligible.
For an application or for any questions contact Kevin Plank, CCSF Tennis Director, at 376-2806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Head Coach – Boys Tennis
· Lead the planning, development and execution of the boys tennis program by focusing on building a positive culture and developing quality relationships with student-athletes and parents.
· Implementation of sound practices and skill development that maximizes student-athlete performance in tennis.
· Provide direction and evaluation for assistant coaches throughout the program to ensure continuity through all levels.
· Communicate effectively with all program stakeholders to ensure a positive, quality experience is provided for our student-athletes
· Manage and track all equipment inventory and program budget each year
· Perform all other duties as outlined by the West Fargo Public Schools, and the NDHSAA.
· Extensive knowledge, skills, and abilities in the strategy and technologies of the sport
· Experience interacting with student-athletes, parents, assistant coaches through deliberate, positive interactions
· Ability to serve as an effective role model for student-athletes and represent West Fargo Public Schools with integrity and respect.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.
City of Vadnais Heights Tennis Instructor (Seasonal)
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK
To instruct Preschool and Youth tennis lessons. This is a seasonal position accountable to the Recreation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
Various duties include but are not limited to the following:
Plan, conduct and evaluate tennis program for children ages 5-6 and youth ages 7-14
Must be able to convey the knowledge of the tennis game to participants in an understandable and enjoyable manner
Have everything ready to go before your students arrive
Responsible for the care of the equipment, inform tennis supervisor of needed supplies, repair and/or replacement of
The instructor is responsible to make sure that the courts are in playing condition and will remove debris or water as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Organizing and layout lesson plan and be prepared to submit to Recreation Supervisor
Creativity in planning your lesson plan
Well organized, polite and prompt
Physically able to demonstrate skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
One-year teaching experience preferred
Expert knowledge in the field of tennis
Knowledge of the rules, equipment, strokes, shots, strategies of playing, the court and the etiquette that goes along
with the sport
Excellent Tennis Skills. Minimum age of 17
Previous teaching experience recommended.
Tennis Instructor Workshop opportunities will be made available to applicants that are hired.
Tuesday evenings 5pm-8:00pm, Spring: May 14 – June 11, 2019, Summer: June 25 – July 30, 2019.
$12.00 - $15.00/hr.
Adult League Manager/Section League Coordinator (USTA Northern California)
Job Summary and Purpose of Position:
Join the USTA NorCal team and effectively lead, manage and coach a team of program and customer service focused staff. Adult Leagues Tennis Manager will lead and organize a long term comprehensive strategic plan to support the Adult Leagues program as a whole. Oversee all ten (10) USTA Adult League programs and Tennis On Campus program played throughout the Northern California section. Increase recreational players in adult tennis. Oversee and work at various League championship tournaments throughout the year. Act as a leagues program and rules expert. Act as Section League Coordinator; liaison to the National League program.
- Supervise league staff and one field staff member; hire and train all staff; coordinates monthly or as needed league staff meetings ; approves time sheet and expense reports as needed; yearly and bi yearly evaluation and reviews
- Liaison to Adult League Committee; coordinate agendas and meetings with chair; coordinates membership development for all committees; maintain yearly calendar of agenda items for ALC
- This position is a member of the Management Team. Apply specific leadership skills and behaviors as agreed to and signed in a Management Team Agreement. Collaborate with team on various leadership projects
- Develop yearly budget; responsible for monthly reports including projection forecasts for budget purposes
- Responsible for the developing and coordinating training schedules for all league volunteers, committee members and staff surrounding league computer programs; Rules and Regulations and yearly updates to the program from National.
- Responsible for all computer programs which impact the USTA League Program: Tennis Link , NorCal CMS program and the Flex program; provides expertise in testing computer programs with outside consultants working on program updates; Help provide ongoing training and follow up for all users of the various computer programs.
- Supervise the coordination of many aspects of league championship events, including site logistics, scheduling match play, coordinating staff and volunteers, manage event preparations and help order and manage award inventory
- Supervise the management of the creation of schedules for all leagues, including deadlines as well as playoffs and championships in both Section program and Tennis Link program
- Manage league championship events as the on-site tournament director
- Work with Adult Tennis Specialist to develop new pilot adult team programs
- Understand and interpret the Local League Area Rules and USTA rules in response to player inquiries
As Section League Coordinator, this person will be knowledgeable of and able to interpret the Local League Area Rules and USTA League regulations in response to player inquiries
- Maintain NorCal league database for accuracy, including calendars, team registrations, team rosters, and player information
- Help to Administer rating and medical appeals and help to administer grievances and appeals
- Work closely with Volunteers, club managers, adult players and captains.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone and email in a timely and professional manner
- Attend Adult League Committee as well as Grievance and Appeals’ Committee meetings, as needed
- Attend Local and National Staff Trainings and meetings as required by Executive Director
- Attend/supervise District and Sectional Championships
- Coordinate and attend Local Town hall meetings
- Strong academic background; baccalaureate degree and or strong work experience
- 6+ years of experience working in USTA league programs and experience training staff and volunteers on adult leagues program
- Working knowledge of USTA League Regulations
- Experience leading and managing a staff
- Experience with basic employment law and management best practices
- Experience communicating performance feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High energy and enthusiasm with a desire to initiate and promote programs
- Experience planning events and managing programs.
- Ability to do light lifting; loading/unloading van with merchandise such as prizes, food, drinks, etc.
- PC skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Social Media experience a plus.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Must be available for travel, to work weekends and extra hours
- This job is based in Alameda, CA
Mahtomedi Public Schools
Girls' Head Tennis Coach
Position Type: Athletics/Activities/Coaching
Date Posted: 11/20/2018
Location: High School
Date Available: 08/12/2019
Coaching and/or playing experience preferred. Must meet Head Coaching requirements of the MSHSL. Experience coaching education based athletics required. Licensed teacher preferred.
Call 651-762-5803 for more information
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Effective: 2019-20 School Year
City of New Brighton
New Brighton, Minn.
Responsible to teach youth tennis skills to children 4 years old and up. Level 1 includes 4-6 year old beginners: Level 2 is for 7-11 year old beginners and Level 3 is for 7 year olds and up who would like to learn more intermediate and advanced skills and strategy through games, drills and demonstrations. Classes meet twice per week for 3 weeks. Job tasks include teaching and demonstrating tennis skills and providing for the safety of the children. Previous teaching experience preferred.
Please contact Pat Tuma at 651.638.2123 or email@example.com. Classes held at Hansen Park in New Brighton.
(posted September 10, 2018)