January 21, 2020
USTA Southwest currently has NO job openings.
USTA SOUTHWEST JOBS PAGE INFO
Tennis businesses (clubs, facilities, retail) interested in posting open positions can place their information here for a $25 listing fee for each posting. Please contact Jeff Sikes at email@example.com for more details
NON-AFFILIATED USTA JOBS
VILLAGE HEALTH CLUBS DC RANCH (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
Tennis Desk Manager (Full-time)
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter. ADVERTISEMENT
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Manage all tennis desk operations to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality and efficient service to members and guests.
ALL ABOUT TENNIS (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
Part of Full-Time Tennis Stringer
All About Tennis is seeking a tennis enthusiast to fill a full-time retail associate position at one of the top tennis specialty stores in the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understanding customers’ needs and helping them discover how our products meet those needs
• Ability to interact with customers and tennis professionals and provide prompt and courteous customer service to all clients in person and over the phone
• Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Staying up-to-date with the latest tennis technology, such as racquets, shoes and accessories
• Ability to work flexible hours and stand for long periods of time
• Tennis experience required
• Retail and racquet stringing experience preferred
Please reply to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume highlighting your tennis qualifications.
USTA SOUTHWEST INTERNSHIPS
Position: Southwest Intern
Time Frame: Summer, Fall and Spring internships available
Pay Level: None paid - credit hour or experience only
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
The United States Tennis Association Southwest is a not-for-profit organization covering Arizona, New Mexico and El Paso County in Texas. As one of the 17 Sections of the USTA, the USTA Southwest has more than 13000 individual members and 200 organizational members. As the national governing body of tennis in the U.S., our mission is to "promote and develop the growth of tennis."
Responsibilities: The Southwest Intern is responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing Communications and other staff members in their efforts for USTA Southwest. This position requires is a heavy emphasis on communications with experience in communications tasks, social media, writing and video production preferable (but not required). The intern may also be asked to assist with writing stories and other articles and assisting other departments (Community Tennis, Adult Competition, Junior Competition) as needed.
Hours: The amount of hours per week will be agreed upon with the Director of Marketing Communications. Hours may include some night and weekend duties (events). The internship program will be developed in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the college/university so that requirements are met for the internship. Travel is optional, but could occur if intern is willing.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assist with designing, coordinating and distributing marketing and promotional materials
• Assist in on-site presence at events, including booth set-up, staffing and tear down
• Research, coordinate and execute social media tactics
• Photography and videography of events, including editing videos for final presentation
• Assist with writing articles and copy editing, database creation
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and in interpersonal settings
• Ability to take direction and work independently
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Knowledge of general marketing and/or public relations principles
• Must possess a professional, mature demeanor
• Minimum education and experience: enrolled in a four-year college or university or in a relevant
degree program such as marketing, communications, public relations, or business adminstration or
• Other equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Contact: Jeff Sikes, Director of Marketing and Communications
Phone: 480.289.2351 x. 109 (direct)