August 27, 2019
USTA Southwest currently has one job opening.
COMMUNITY TENNIS COORDINATOR
USTA Southwest is looking for an experienced/enthusiastic Community Tennis Coordinator to assist the USTA Southwest in its mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis.
This position is responsible for the management and administration of all assigned Community Tennis Programs and initiatives identified by SWS Strategic Plan and USTA National initiatives.
Successful candidates will have:
• Strong customer service skills
• Administrative and organizational skills
• Effective use of communication, both oral and written
• Efficiency in use of computers, internet, email, appropriate software
• Ability to work well with others
• High energy and enthusiasm with a desire to promote tennis
• Understanding of USTA Southwest tennis programs
• High ethical standards
• USTA Membership (can be obtained at time of hiring)
• Bilingual a plus
• College degree or relevant work experience
• Understanding of National Tennis Rating program (NTRP), Tournament Data Manager (TDM) and TennisLink a plus
• Knowledge of Tennis and tennis playing Experience.
• USTA Trainer Worskshop experience a plus
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes health and dental coverage. ADVERTISEMENT Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
This position is located in Scottsdale, AZ in the USTA Southwest Section office.
This position will close on September 10th, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled as needed.
Due to the large number of applicants expected, we will contact only those we are interested in pursuing further. USTA Southwest is an equal opportunity employer.
For a complete job description, click HERE.
JOBS PAGE INFO
Tennis businesses (clubs, facilities, retail) interested in posting open positions can place their information here for a $25 listing fee for each posting. Please contact Jeff Sikes at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
NON-AFFILIATED USTA JOBS
ALL ABOUT TENNIS (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
Part of Full-Time Tennis Stringer
All About Tennis is seeking a tennis enthusiast to fill a full-time retail associate position at one of the top tennis specialty stores in the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understanding customers’ needs and helping them discover how our products meet those needs
• Ability to interact with customers and tennis professionals and provide prompt and courteous customer service to all clients in person and over the phone
• Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Staying up-to-date with the latest tennis technology, such as racquets, shoes and accessories
• Ability to work flexible hours and stand for long periods of time
• Tennis experience required
• Retail and racquet stringing experience preferred
Please reply to email email@example.com with your resume highlighting your tennis qualifications.
USTA SOUTHWEST INTERNSHIPS
Position: Southwest Intern
Time Frame: Summer, Fall and Spring internships available
Pay Level: None paid - credit hour or experience only
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
The United States Tennis Association Southwest is a not-for-profit organization covering Arizona, New Mexico and El Paso County in Texas. As one of the 17 Sections of the USTA, the USTA Southwest has more than 13000 individual members and 200 organizational members. As the national governing body of tennis in the U.S., our mission is to "promote and develop the growth of tennis."
Responsibilities: The Southwest Intern is responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing Communications and other staff members in their efforts for USTA Southwest. This position requires is a heavy emphasis on communications with experience in communications tasks, social media, writing and video production preferable (but not required). The intern may also be asked to assist with writing stories and other articles and assisting other departments (Community Tennis, Adult Competition, Junior Competition) as needed.
Hours: The amount of hours per week will be agreed upon with the Director of Marketing Communications. Hours may include some night and weekend duties (events). The internship program will be developed in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the college/university so that requirements are met for the internship. Travel is optional, but could occur if intern is willing.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assist with designing, coordinating and distributing marketing and promotional materials
• Assist in on-site presence at events, including booth set-up, staffing and tear down
• Research, coordinate and execute social media tactics
• Photography and videography of events, including editing videos for final presentation
• Assist with writing articles and copy editing, database creation
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and in interpersonal settings
• Ability to take direction and work independently
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Knowledge of general marketing and/or public relations principles
• Must possess a professional, mature demeanor
• Minimum education and experience: enrolled in a four-year college or university or in a relevant
degree program such as marketing, communications, public relations, or business adminstration or
• Other equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Contact: Jeff Sikes, Director of Marketing and Communications
Phone: 480.289.2351 x. 109 (direct)