Long Island Region
October 28, 2022
The USTA Eastern Long Island Region organizes all USTA tennis programs in Nassau and Suffolk Counties and reaches out to the entire Long Island community to bring tennis to people of all ages and skill levels. Our member organizations are tennis clubs, tennis facilities, parks, schools and community groups, all of whom support and foster tennis throughout Long Island.
- USTA Eastern's Long Island Region held its 32nd Annual Awards Dinner in September. With this event, the Long Island Region celebrated the achievements of individuals, facilities and organizations who have gone above and beyond, both on the court and off. View this year's recipients | View event photos.
- For the first time, the USTA Long Island Regional Council supplied plaques so that each high school team in both Nassau and Suffolk County could recognize one player for outstanding sportsmanship during the boys' 2022 season. ADVERTISEMENT View photos of the recipients.
- Send your photos from tennis events on LI to email@example.com and we can publish them on our site! (Please remember to send files as large as possible. At this time we can only publish horizontally oriented photos.)
Wanted! USTA High School Coach Ambassadors
Are you a high school tennis coach who wants to grow high school tennis? Apply to become a High School Coach Ambassador! This is a great opportunity for you to help serve as a mentor in your local community, meet new people, attend trainings and events and GROW high school tennis in the US. Ambassadors will serve on the same two-year timeline as the USTA’s National High School Committee, with an option to re-apply for each new term. The current application is for a term that runs until Dec. 31, 2022. This is a volunteer position. Please complete this form in its entirety, and the High School Committee will review all submissions and follow up as selections are finalized.
For consideration you must:
- Be a high school coach
- Have your current School Team listed in usta.com profile
- Be proficient in communicating via social media (Instagram, Facebook, twitter, etc). You must utilize at least two types of social media platforms.
- Be motivated to share ideas, best practices, and knowledge of USTA High School Tennis. This may include posting to the National High School Coaches Hub (Facebook group), promoting Senior Spotlights and more.
- Have interest in trainings, promotional events and meetings. This may include working with state associations, if applicable.
Information will be posted here as it becomes available.
The Long Island Region Team
Adult League Coordinator
- Becky Bellino - firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Tennis Coordinator
- Neil Thakur - email@example.com
Long Island Region Council
Regional Council Executive Committee
- Jonathan Klee, Regional Director
- Mike Pavlides, Past Regional Director
- Sunny Fishkind, Vice Regional Director
- Randi Wilkins, Secretary
- Terri Arnold-McKenzie, Chair, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Scott Axler, Past Regional Director, Junior Competition Committee
- Shannon Blue, USTA League Committee
- Hilary Bressler, Events Planner, Awards Dinner Committee, Kid's Day Committee, Junior Council Committee
- Chris Colesanti, At-Large
- Wayne Freeman, At-Large
- Stephen Green, Kid's Day Committee
- Herb Harris, Grant Committee, Community Development Liaison
- KerriAnn Jannotte, Chair, Junior Council Committee
- Mitchell Low, Adult League Committee
- Tito Perez, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Junior Team Tennis Committee
- Fabiana Rezak, Community Tennis Liaison
- Clark D. Ruiz II, Nassau County Delegate, Junior Competition Committee
- Denise Schmidt, Events Planner, Awards Dinner Committee
- Michelle Stoerback, Awards Dinner Committee
- Jason Wass, Suffolk County Delegate, Kid's Day Committee, Junior Council Committee
To learn more about us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.