Mission and Goals
USTA Midwest | April 21, 2017
To Promote, Grow, Develop, and Service the Game
To Promote, Grow, Develop, and Service the Game of Tennis.
Leadership at every level – inspire innovation, create opportunities, impact lives and build community through tennis.
To be your trusted resource for tennis.
In pursuit of its mission, the volunteers and staff accept responsibility for their actions in achieving the mission and for reaching the strategic goals of the Association while sustaining the highest standards of quality.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Include all people on a non-discriminatory basis, and make diversity and inclusion an embedded part of the USTA Midwest Section.
- Governance: Provide a governance and delivery structure that fosters appropriate and effective participation.
- Integrity: Make decisions and conduct business free of conflict of interest and do it with the highest principles of ethical behavior.
- Lifestyle: Promote, grow, and develop tennis as an enjoyable, lifetime sport that contributes to good health, character, and responsible citizenship.
- Organizational Excellence: Commit to excellence and improvement in every aspect of the association.
- Teamwork: Work as a team of dedicated volunteers and staff to grow tennis participation.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Strategic goals and objectives have been identified to accomplish the mission of the association:
- Reimagine tennis through innovation and creativity
- Integrate high performance principles and practices
- Increase tennis participation and customer satisfaction
- Optimize the delivery system (CTAs, schools, park & rec departments, and other organizations)
- Optimize communications
- Align with the national organization and the 13 USTA Midwest Section Districts
- Identify and develop leadership across all levels of the organization