The NTRP National Championships are national adult tournaments that leverage the NTRP rating system as a way to create level-based competition at the 18 & over and 50 & over age groups. Each year, NTRP National Champions are crowned in men’s and women’s singles and doubles at the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 levels in both 18 & over and 50 & over age groups, as well as at the 5.0 level in the 18 & over division. Learn more below about how you can qualify for the 2020 NTRP National Championships.
How to qualify in the USTA Missouri Valley:
One player in each division will be invited to attend.
For 18 & Over and 50 & Over divisions:
• The player who holds the No. 1 position on the 2020 final ranking lists for each division in the USTA Missouri Valley will be invited to attend as the section's representative in 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 men's and women's singles and doubles.ADVERTISEMENT
NOTE: "Should there be a tie in the 2020 USTA Missouri Valley Final Rankings List in any division, the player/team with the best overall win-loss record will win the division and will be selected/invited to attend the NTRP National Championships. If the win-loss records are identical, then the player/team with the highest year-end rating will be selected."
• If no players are listed on the 2020 final ranking lists for eligible players, the No. 1 ranked player on the 2019 final ranking - ineligible player list, will be invited to attend the event. We may review the open division to select a suitable player if the 5.0 divisions have no eligible players.
• Players must have received an NTRP "C" rating in the level they wish to compete at NTRP National Championships. Players who hold an NTRP "C" rating in the year they compete in tournaments, then receive a higher NTRP "C" rating at year-end are still allowed to compete at their former NTRP level at the national events. Former self-rated players, or "A" designated players, who get moved up a level at year-end ratings publication, are not eligible to compete at the NTRP National Championships.
NTRP National Championships (2020 & 2021)
************ UPDATED AS OF AUGUST 4, 2020 ************
● The 2020 & 2021 NTRP National Championships have been combined and rescheduled for April of 2021.
● Those who qualified in 2019 for the 2020 NTRP National Championships, along with those who will qualify in 2020 for the 2021 NTRP National Championships will all be invited to attend the NTRP National Championships being held in April of 2021 (same locations as previously listed).
- All 2020 section level and district level NTRP tournaments will still have monthly and year-end (final) rankings implications, as well as advancement implications for the NTRP National Championships.
- The player who achieves the No. 1 position on the 2020 year-end (final) rankings list for each NTRP division in the USTA Missouri Valley will be invited to advance to the NTRP National Championships.
● As stated previously, all players who qualified in 2019 for the 2020 NTRP National Championships still hold their spots. USTA National will communicate directly with those players regarding the new dates and details for the modified event in April of 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Scott Howes at email@example.com or 913-322-4821.
For more information visit www.usta.com/ntrpnationals