July 17, 2018
2020 Dates and Locations coming soon!
The NTRP Nationals Championships are national adult tournaments that leverage the NTRP rating system as a way to create level-based competition at the 18 & over and 50 & over age groups. Each year, NTRP National Champions are crowned in men’s and women’s singles and doubles at the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 levels in both 18 & over and 50 & over age groups, as well as at the 5.0 level in the 18 & over division. Learn more below about how you can qualify for the 2020 NTRP National Championships.
About the NTRP National Championships:
- Men’s and women’s 18 & over and 50 & over
- 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 divisions (5.0 available in 18 & over only)
- Singles and doubles
- Non-elimination draws with two matches per day Friday through Sunday
- Fast Four: Best-of-three sets to four games, no-ad scoring, tiebreak at 3-3 all
- Tiebreak is first to 5 points, win by one
- Eight four-player round robins play into four eight-player, single-elimination draws
- Learn more about format of play here.
All of the following ratings will be accepted:
- 2018 or 2019 Year End Computer Rating (or “C” rating).
- If you do not have a 2018 or 2019 Year End Computer Rating, you may qualify with your 2017 Year End Computer Rating. If you do not have a 2017 Year End Computer Rating, you may qualify with your 2016 Year End Computer Rating.
- 2017 or 2018 Year End Tournament Exclusive Rating (or “T” rating)
- Self ratings ("S") and Mixed ratings ("M") do not qualify.
- *If a player has a “T” rating, but then self rates, we will allow that player to play using their “T” rating, even though that “T” rating is not published anymore.
Road to the NTRP National Championships:
Qualification into the 2020 NTRP National Championships will be handled by the sections. Please click on each Section's name below to find out how to qualify! If your section doesn't yet have qualifying info, please reach out to the Section contact provided.
Carribean - Brenda Rivera
Hawaii - Sara Yoshinyaga
Intermountain - Monica Haller-Bradley