NTRP National Championships: How to Qualify in NorCal
The NTRP Nationals Championships are national adult tournaments that leverage the NTRP rating system as a way to create level-based competition at the 18 & over and 50 & over age groups. Each year, NTRP National Champions are crowned in men’s and women’s singles and doubles at the 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 levels in both 18 & over and 50 & over age groups, as well as at the 5.0 level in the 18 & over division. Learn more below about how you can qualify for the 2020 NTRP National Championships.
Northern California’s quota is 2 players in each singles division, and 2 teams in each doubles division.
- The champion and finalist of the NTRP Grand Prix in the division they played. If a player or doubles team qualifies for both the 18 and over and the 50 and over events, the player/doubles team will be able to decide which tournament they would like to compete in.
- Spots not filled by a USTA NorCal Grand Prix champion or finalist will be determined using the USTA NorCal Final Ranking list.
- After using the USTA NorCal Final Ranking list, any remaining spots will be determined by the Adult Tournament Committee.
NTRP Rating Validation:
- Player will use his/her year-end rating the year prior to the NTRP National Championship.
- Self-rates are not eligible to participate.
Interested in Playing?
If you are interested in playing in one of these tournaments, please register for the tournament online on the tournament homepage. Dates for 2020 events are TBD.
Selection of Northern California players will be made once the entries close.
Player’s Responsibility in National NTRP Championships:
If you decide to withdraw before the entry deadline, please withdraw from the tournament online and inform the USTA Northern California office immediately. If it is necessary for you to withdraw from the tournament after the entry deadline, please notify the tournament director and USTA Northern California office immediately.
Questions in regards to this tournament or the selection process can be sent to Michelle Wilson.