Junior Team Tennis
JUNIOR TEAM TENNIS: FOR PLAYERS AGES 6 TO 18
USTA Midwest Junior Team Tennis is part of the largest youth tennis program in the country, helping boys and girls ages five to 18 get in the game, on the court, and have a great time. USTA offers opportunities for kids to be part of a youth tennis league by joining a team in the Midwest, helping to sharpen skills while competing in a fun and positive environment.
USTA Midwest Junior Tennis Team follows two tracks to provide opportunities to players of all abilities: Local Junior Team Tennis or Championship Junior Team Tennis. The local track allows kids and team organizers to play on local level with flexible structures, while the championship track provides teams the opportunity to advance to a national championship. Get involved in youth team tennis in the Midwest community today.
Contact your District League Coordinator if you want more information or want to become a Local League Coordinator.
USTA Junior Team Tennis is the largest junior tennis league in the USA with over 80,000 participants nation-wide. USTA Junior Team Tennis is often compared to Little League Baseball, as the program offers children the opportunity to develop their individual and team skills in a fun, yet competitive atmosphere. Winning teams progress from Local to District to Section to National Championships.
Learn more about the benefits of Junior Team Tennis and find helpful resources to help you get started. Discover the benefits of youth tennis and get involved today!
- Progression to District, Section and National Championships
- Program grant and coordinator bonus opportunities
- Free marketing support to help with program launch
- Nationally branded program increases the visibility of your league
- Free access to TennisLink registration and tracking system
- Players participating in Section Championships have the opportunity to receive Level 5 Ranking Points for Advanced Divisions and Level 6 Ranking Points for Intermediate Divisions.
- Provides a perfect “first step” pathway for new players of all ages to compete; or high school players to gain match experience in their “off season”
Steps to a Successful Program
- Locate and train a coordinator (Area League Coordinator)
* Program manuals, videos, and free training is available for coaches and coordinators
- Define characteristics of league
* Sites, target audience (age and ability), dates/times, format, fees
- Fill out league application on TennisLink at tennislink.usta.com/teamtennis
- Set up registration process/sign-ups
- Design flyer and promote to target audience
* Schools, Park Districts, Boys & Girls Clubs, YMCA/YWCA, indoor clubs; high school coaches
- Complete Roster Registration, make schedule of play and enter results in TennisLink
- Coordinate local playoff and send teams to District and Midwest Section Championships
Interested in starting a JTT program?
CLICK HERE for our helpful provider manual and find your local coordinator contact information above.