Battle of the
April 16, 2018
USTA Eastern's New Jersey Region will host its annual Battle of the Parks Tennis Challenge. This is an adult recreational tournament that will be held on July 14, with a rain date of July 15.
The event allows adult players to compete in a friendly atmosphere and represent their neighborhood or park and make new friends.
The players will use the World TeamTennis format with a minimum of 2 men and 2 women, maximum of 4 men and 4 women. The event will include Men’s and Women’s Singles/Doubles and Mixed Doubles.
- Non-USTA members welcome
- One team (6-8 players) from each park site
- Players must be 18 years and older
- There will be (5) teams total from Flight A and (5) teams total from Flight B including men's singles and doubles, as well as women's singles, doubles and mixed doubles
- Individual medals for the winning team
- All participants receive a t-shirt, snacks and minimum 2 rounds of tennis
New This Year - The Battle
There are battles throughout the USTA Eastern Section. ADVERTISEMENT This includes Battle of the Boroughs (Metro) and Battle of the Island (Long Island). The Parks winners of both flights will be invited to participate in the Battle Championships!
Date: July 21st
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Flushing Meadows - Corona Park, Queens, N.Y.
Rules and Registration
Adult teams of up to ten players 18 years old and over will compete against other teams on July 14, with a rain date of July 15 at 8:00 a.m. Download rules here.
NTRP rating of 4.0 or higher.
Click here for NTRP guidelines
Click here to self-rate
Registration is $20/per person.
Site Location is the Braddock Park
98 79th Street, North Bergen, N.J. 07047
*Players need to create non-member account in Tennislink if they do not have an existing USTA membership. No payment necessary!
- Tournament ID # 100111918
Contact Quacey Balleste, NJ Region Tennis Service Representative, to find out more!
- Balleste@eastern.usta.com - 914-272-5692
For schedule/results and statistics, please click here.