2019 ZONE TEAM Championships:
April 26, 2019
What is Zonals?
The USTA Zone Team Championships (Zonals) is a five-day National team competition emphasizing singles, doubles and mixed doubles play against other section’s teams. Our goal is to provide a platform and location for play that fosters team work and healthy competition. Match results from Zonals will count for National and Eastern Section standings. Please see the information below about the event to help you plan your application and participation.
The entry deadline is Wednesday, May 29th at 1:00 p.m. Late Entries will not be accepted - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Introduce young players to national competition in a friendly, team-based environment
- Provide a positive, competitive, team-based opportunity to maximize each player’s development
- Promote sportsmanship and comradery amongst Eastern Section athletes
Important Requirement Change for 2019
Guardian or Chaperone Requirement:
If a player is selected to a team, a parent/legal guardian must be present. If a parent/legal guardian is not able to attend and their player needs to travel with another guardian, this is not permitted unless otherwise agreed to by the minor athlete’s parent/legal guardian’s written consent in advance of EACH competition.
During registration, players will be required to designate their chaperone. If a player’s chaperone is anyone other than their legal guardian, they will be sent a consent form when they are selected into the event. Players who do not designate a chaperone may be ineligible to participate.
1) You must be age eligible. Please register in the age division in which you will be during the event. A junior becomes age ineligible on the first day of their birthday month when they are turning 13, 15 and 17.
2) You must submit a copy of your US birth certificate, US passport, 1485 or 797C forms, permanent resident card, diplomat status, refugee status or Asylee status to the section office (one time only).
3) Registration must be completed in full.
4) Players may register in up to TWO (2) age divisions. The Eastern Section office will select players for these divisions in the following order: 16s, 14s, 12s. If a player is entered in two age divisions and is selected in the older age division, that player shall not be eligible for selection into the younger division. If a player is not selected for the older division, that player is eligible for selection in the younger division and is eligible to be an alternate in the younger division but not in the older division.
Registration for Zonals is $95. Players will be invoiced after they are selected to the team. Failure to pay in a timely manner may prevent participation in the event.
This year, players will have the opportunity to purchase their uniforms directly from our supplier once team selection has been completed. A link to an online storefront will be sent to all selected players after the close of registration. Style and sizing information can be found here.
How to Register
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
The registration process is three (3) steps:
1) Players must fill out the online registration form on TeamSnap above in its entirety.
2) Players must print, sign, and return via mail, the Waiver & Release attached to the end of the TeamSnap online registration portal. Please include the required proof of citizenship paperwork in this mailing if you have not yet submitted it to the Eastern Office, at: 70 West Red Oak Lane, Attn: Zonals, White Plains, NY 10604
3) Players must pay their tournament entry fee in a timely manner. Players will be invoiced after they are selected to the team, and may pay their invoices online. Failure to pay invoices in a timely manner may result in removal from the team.
*Please note: after players are selected to the team they will receive a link to purchase their uniforms at that time.
In the BG12, the top 30 boys and girls and the top 24 boys and 24 girls in the BG14-16 (according to the last Eastern Standing List published in May) that are in good standing with the section and have successfully registered will be selected.
Sites and Dates
Boys' & Girls' 12s
July 25-29, 2019
Boys' & Girls' 14s
July 25-29, 2019
Boys' & Girls' 16s
July 26-30, 2019
The Eastern Section will send some of our best and brightest coaches to the event. Please be aware, however, the coach’s role is not to chaperone the players.
*Players that withdraw from any team competition, for whatever reason, must do so 7 days prior to the start date of the event. Otherwise it is considered a late withdrawal and may have a negative impact on selection into future team competitions.