Youth Progression at Home
This program has now ended.
For more news and information on 10 & Under tennis in the Mid-Atlantic, click here.
Earn your stars with Tennis at Home!
The Youth Progression program continues from the safety of home! As we return to the courts, there are still plenty of ways kids can develop their tennis skills and stay active!
USTA Mid-Atlantic 10&under players will be able to earn stars/trophies toward their progression by participating in Flex Round Robins and Virtual Youth Progression. Both programs have been extended through December 1, 2020!
What is Youth Progression?
USTA has designed a best-in-class system to track the progress of junior players, ages 7 to 10 from orange ball to green ball and green ball to yellow ball. The system will track a player’s progress through participation in designated tournaments and Junior Team Tennis. Players will receive stars for completing tournaments. Trophies are also awarded for select tournaments.
The Youth Progression provides a clear and skill-based pathway for junior players to progress through the USTA tournament system. The mission is to clear each level by collecting a combination of 20 virtual participation stars and/or achievement trophies.
Click HERE to learn more about the USTA Mid-Atlantic 10&Under Youth Progression.
10U Flex Round Robin:
In order to continue tennis progression on the court and to avoid having large groups of players and spectators at facilities to ensure the safety of our players, USTA Mid-Atlantic is excited to announce the 10U Flex Round Robin Program. This is a continuation of our Virtual Youth Progression program so 10U players can keep earning their stars at home.
The 10U Flex Round Robin program allows 10U players to organize their own mini round robins of 3 to 4 players, with the guidance from their parents/guardians. They will complete this activity in a 1-2 hour time frame at a court of their choosing and at the completion of the matches each player will be able to earn virtual stars. So grab your friends and start playing today! To learn more about this new program from USTA Mid-Atlantic, read below.
Who can participate: 10&under orange ball and green ball players
Location: Any court(s) agreed upon by the group
Minimum players: 3
Maximum players: 4
Cost: $5 per player
Structure and Format:
- Parents and players organize a group of 3 or 4 players and play a round-robin (all players play one match against each other) at a mutually agreed upon location. Players secure court, pay any court fees and bring their own match balls. It is recommended that the round-robin does not exceed two hours. A child’s parent/guardian must be present on site.
- Groups may be single-gender or co-ed and players must play the match with the ball color according to youth progression level
- Scoring formats
- One set to 4 (play one more game at 3-3), no ad scoring
- One set to 6 (play one more game at 5-5), no ad scoring
- 20-25 minute timed match
- USTA/MAS will award Youth Progression stars and trophies to players based on results
- Results will be entered into tennislink every Tuesday
- Parents must adhere to USTA Mid-Atlantic Return to Play Required and Recommendation and assist players with social distancing procedures. Parents should also review Best Practices to Safe Play set by USTA National.
- Players receive a USTA branded gift if they complete and submit 3 round-robin sessions
- There is no limit on Flex Round Robin participation, play as many as you'd like!
Virtual Youth Progression Activities:
Two stars will be awarded for each submission with a limit of three submissions per player.
How do I earn my stars from home?
Get those racquets and cameras ready!
Check out the Net Generation Tennis Activity Videos.
Pick a video to tackle!
Film or take a picture of yourself completing the tennis activity.
Have your parent (or guardian) Submit your video/picture here.
Once your video or photo is submitted, watch those stars grow! Stars for tennis at home submissions will be updated weekly on Tuesdays.
Share your tennis at home pics with us on social media! Have a parent (or guardian) tag us @ustamas on Instagram or Facebook, or @USTAMidAtlantic on Twitter and use the hashtag #MASTennisAtHome
Tennis doesn’t stop! Keep active and keep those bodies moving!
Contact Warren Waterman with any questions.
Instant Match with TennisJune 18, 2021This Pride Month we are celebrating with the entire LGBTQ+ community in the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. We salute those whose talents and commitment help grow tennis at every level while making our sport a better and more inclusive environment. Read More
MAS X TopCourt PartnershipJune 15, 2021USTA Mid-Atlantic Section partners with TopCourt to increase access to top tennis training resources. This partnership will bring innovative, high-quality digital learning to help tennis players improve their skills and stay active. Read More
2021 HS Tennis AmbassadorsJune 14, 2021Mid-Atlantic high school tennis ambassadors are back and ready to promote the growth of tennis to youth players across the Section this summer. Read about the class of 2021 high school ambassadors and learn more about what they'll be doing this summer. Read More