USTA Kansas Hiring Youth Pathway Coordinator
Do you love tennis? Are you looking for ways to be involved with youth tennis? Just looking to expand your horizons? For all the sales experts and effective communicators, USTA Kansas has an opportunity for you! The Youth Pathway Coordinator position is available for immediate hire and we are looking for strong candidates to fill the role. It is a part-time position, and you can do most of the work from the comfort of your home.
If you think you’re the person to take USTA Kansas youth tennis to the next level, check out the job description below and send your resume to Becky Samaniego at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2021 for immediate consideration.
Title: USTA Kansas Youth Pathway Coordinator
Reports to: USTA Kansas Executive Director
Status: Part-Time or Contractor
Stipend: $4,560.00 per year
Location: Home office
Work Schedule: Hours vary, Zoom trainings, phone conferences with providers during the week, with some weekend and nights
Position Summary: To assist USTA Kansas District in its mission to promote and develop the growth of youth tennis by coordinating, implementing and delivering competitive play in the local community. The USTA Kansas Youth Pathway Coordinator will work with the Section Junior Competition Committee to help implement and deliver the full spectrum of youth USTA Net Generation Pathway.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, promote, manage, and implement a District-wide competitive Net Generation Pathway program.
• Manage all Net Generation Pathway schedules, sanctions, events, eligibility, tournament directors, coaches and parent education, distributions and point tracking.
• Schedule at least 2 Junior Circuit Events per month in the spring, summer, and fall seasons and 1 Junior Circuit Event in the winter season.
• Schedule at least 1 USTA Team Challenge per month.
• Updating and approving Net Generation Pathway tournament sanctions, ranking program maintenance, maintaining communication with parents, coaches, and tournament directors, and managing endorsement into section tournaments
• Attend events as assigned including any section tournaments within the district.
• Participate in continuing education and trainings at any section or national workshops or seminars
• Communicate with Tennis Service Representative (TSR) and Section Youth Pathway Manager
• Monthly reporting to USTA Kansas Executive Director and Executive Committee
• Attend and host meetings as assigned by USTA Kansas Executive Director
Organizational Relationships: Tennis teaching professionals, tennis facilities/clubs, USTA Missouri Valley members, Parks and Recreation personnel, schools, retailers, manufacturing reps, service organizations, Community Tennis Association leaders, volunteers, District staff
Limited travel within Kansas to attend District and Section meetings and trainings.
• Experience in the sport of tennis
• Strong sales skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of tournament administration, Serve Tennis, and Tournament Desk, preferred
• Completed Coach Youth Tennis online courses, a plus
• Complete 10 & Under Workshop, a plus
• USPTA/PTR certification, a plus
• Previous experience with 10 and Under tennis play format, a plus
• Ability to work some nights and weekends
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• Familiarity with Google Office, i.e., Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets
• Understanding of USTA Rules and Regulations
Equipment/Training (provided by USTA Missouri Valley):
• Training provided by USTA Missouri Valley
• Administrative access to Tournament Desk provided by USTA Missouri Valley and USTA Kansas
Equipment Needs (provided by Competition Coordinator):
• Laptop or tablet
• Reliable internet access