ITF YOUNG SENIORS TEAM
Erin Maher | October 19, 2018
The top U.S. players ages 35 to 45 are ready to take on the world.
Twenty-four players have been named to the United States squads for the ITF Young Seniors World Team Championships, slated for Oct. 21 – 26 in Miami.
Team USA will compete against other countries in the Young Seniors World Team Championships, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup equivalent for players in the age categories 35-45. The Championships are the highest-ranked event on the ITF Seniors Circuit.
Following the ITF Young-Seniors World Team Championships, the World Individual Championships will be held Oct. 27-Nov. 3.
Below is a list of players representing the United States for each Cup:
Italia Cup - Men’s 35 & over
1. Matthew Hane, Richmond, Va. Captain
2. Jonathas Sucupira, Riverview, Fla.
3. Brandon Blakenbaker, Charleston, S.C.ADVERTISEMENT
4. Nicholas Rainey, New Orleans
Trabert Cup – Men’s 40 & over
1. Stuart “Ross” Duncan, Aliso Viejo, Calif. Captain
2. Chris Groer, Knoxville, Tenn.
3. Samuel Schroerlucke, Memphis, Tenn.
4. Ryan Pang, Bellevue, Wash.
Dubler Cup – Men’s 45 & over
1. Sean Straley, Sugar Land, Texas
2. Jason Wilks, Stuart, Fla.
3. Michael Chang, Anaheim, Calif. Captain
4. Neel Grover, Laguna Beach, Calif.
Suzanne Lenglen Cup - Women’s 35 & over
1. Anda Perianu, Ithaca, N.Y.
2. Julie Thu, West Lake Hills, Texas
3. Katerina Janosek, Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
4. Kaysie Smashey, San Angelo, Texas Captain
Young Cup - Women’s 40 & over
1. Millie Yablonicky, Encinitas, Calif.
2. Lizl Kotz, Mount Pleasant, S.C.
3. Carolina Blouin, Augusta, Ga. Captain
4. Deborah Higa, Solana Beach, Calif.
Margaret Court Cup - Women’s 45 & over
1. Nancy Hilliard, Corpus Christi, Texas Captain
2. Julie Cass, Austin, Texas
3. Tangerine Manning, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
4. Tracie Currie, Ventura, Calif.