ITF Young Seniors team
Jackie Finn | March 20, 2017
The top U.S. players ages 35 to 45 are ready to take on the world.
Twenty-four players have been named to the United States squads for the ITF Young Seniors World Team Championships, slated for March 19-24 in Cape Town, South Africa.
Team USA will compete against 25 other countries in the Young Seniors World Team Championships, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup equivalent for players in the age categories 35-45. The Championships are the highest-ranked event on the ITF Seniors Circuit.
The ITF Young Seniors World Individual Championships will follow the team event, also in Cape Town, March 25 - April 1.
Below is a list of players representing the U.S. in each competition:
Italia Cup - Men’s 35 & over
1. Francois Castejon, San Diego
2. Stuart “Ross” Duncan, Laguna Beach, Calif. ADVERTISEMENT (Captain)
3. Marcio Pepe, Laguna Hills, Calif.
4. Robert Kuseski, Loveland, Colo.
Trabert Cup – Men’s 40 & over
1. Chris Groer, Knoxville, Tenn. (Captain)
2. Mark Tepes, Medford, N.J.
3. Chris Sanni, Ambler, Pa.
4. Michael Chang, Anaheim, Calif.
Dubler Cup – Men’s 45 & over
1. Eoin Collins, Houston (Captain)
2. Gerrit Disbergen, Southwest Ranches, Fla.
3. Dana Gill, San Jose, Calif.
4. Curtis A. Dunn, San Francisco
Suzanne Lenglen Cup -Women’s 35 & over
1. Julie Thu, West Lake Hills, Texas
2. Kaysie Smashey, San Angelo, Texas (Captain)
3. Yulia Bolotova, Philadelphia
4. Katja Kovacic, Brookfield, Wisc.
Young Cup - Women’s 40 & over
1. Simona Bruetting, Highlands Ranch, Colo. (Captain)
2. Fanny Gamble, Kentfield, Calif.
3. Millie Yablonicky, Encinitas, Calif.
4. Tracie Currie, Ventura, Calif.
Margaret Court Cup -Women’s 45 & over
1. Julie Cass, Austin, Texas
2. Jennifer Dawson, Carlsbad, Calif.
3. Nancy Hillard, Corpus Christi, Texas
4. Debbie Spence-Nasim, Carlsbad, Calif.