Apply For USTA Northern
Board of Directors
USTA Northern | May 14, 2018
USTA Northern believes that tennis is a life-long sport that should attract, develop and retain players of all backgrounds including, racial, ethnic, cultural, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation, family status, physical appearance, socioeconomic status and ideas.
A non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, USTA Northern encompasses Minnesota, North and South Dakota and the Northwestern part of Wisconsin from Eau Claire to the North Shore. Its mission is “to promote and develop the growth of tennis” with the target audience being everyone from age 4 to 104 whether one has played tennis or not.
The Section is looking for more volunteer voices to represent the organization and serve on its Board of Directors for 2019-20. All applications will be thoroughly reviewed, and the selection process is based on multiple factors including those who not only have a love of tennis, but:
• Have previous Board of Director or volunteer experience with other organizations, especially non-profits
• Possess business, legal, finance, marketing, communications, fundraising or technology skills
• May have previous experience working on a USTA Northern committee or volunteering for the organization (not a requirement).ADVERTISEMENT
• Are team players
• Have diverse backgrounds and experiences
• Want to be involved in helping grow the game of tennis
If you or someone you know would be interested in joining this passionate group of individuals, please apply at https://form.jotform.com/USTANorthern/BOD. Deadline to apply is June 15, 2018.
USTA Northern requires selected candidates to successfully complete a background check prior to the start of the term. Board member terms are two-year appointments and run from January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2020.
For more information, please contact Becky Cantellano at email@example.com or at (952) 887-5001.