USTA Northern | May 30, 2017
Congratulations to the following communities and organizations who received May 2017 Community Tennis and High School Facilities Equipment grants.
Community Tennis Grants
• $2,900 to Bismarck Parks and Recreation to pilot adding tennis at five existing BLAST after-school program sites with the hope to expand to all 19 sites in 2018-2019.
• $3,000 to Southdale YMCA to add tennis to their sports offerings starting with a new summer tennis lesson program and continuation of tennis in their summer sports camp.
• $3,000 to Fred Wells Tennis and Education Center to create a new TennisWorks STEM Camp in partnership with Macalester College. 30 Middle School students will experience a 3 day, 2 night camp on the campus of Macalester College with a focus on tennis development and hands-on science experiments related to tennis and fitness. ADVERTISEMENT
High School Facilities Equipment Grant ($500 to each)
• MN - Harding High School, Mankato Public Schools, and Sleepy Eye High School
• WI - Menomonie High School
• ND - Valley City Public Schools