Earn $400 When Forming
A 2.5 League Team
USTA Northern | April 3, 2018
Help us get new players into the game, and hooked on the sport of a lifetime! USTA Northern is offering a $400 incentive to any tennis professional who forms and organizes a women’s 2.5 league team for the summer season. Here are the highlights:
- Play season is May 15 to July 31
- Matches are played Tuesday evenings
- Format: 1 singles and 2 doubles positions for each team match
- Flight winners advance to a Sectional and/or National Championship
- Teams must be registered in TennisLink by April 20
More About Our 2.5 League Program
To provide the best tennis experience for the entry level 2.5 female player. We want to get them playing, and keep them playing the life time sport of tennis by introducing them to the fun, fitness and friends of socially competitive USTA League play.
Form a 2.5 USTA League TeamADVERTISEMENT
- Create the team in TennisLink (Kelley Okerman can help with this)
- Secure a Home Court location
- Recruit players. Each match requires 5 players: 1 singles and 2 doubles position. We recommend 7 to 10 players per team, depending on how often each wants to play. We can help with this by emailing our data base of players.
Act as Team Captain
- Non-playing captain designation in TennisLin
- Assign and mentor a player captain
- Assist players with team registration and Self-Rate process. TennisLink Instructions provided.
- Educate your team on league protocol (How we work!): TennisLink, Schedules, Line-ups, Scorecards, Stats and Standings etc.
- We will provide a captain and player guide
During the Season
- Print blank scorecard and use to set the line up
- Help assign players for each position
- Assist with the exchange of line-ups and court assignments
- Home team is responsible for providing balls and entering match scores
- Explain match protocol: 10 minute warm-up, continuous play etc. be available if questions regarding rules, scoring and tiebreak arise.
- Continue to assist your player captain with team organization: player availability, weekly line ups, and any questions along the way.
- Offer to provide additional services like team drills and practices and private lessons. This is an opportunity for your team to further develop their game and for you to generate additional income.
Explain that the flight winner has the option to advance to a Sectional Championship the weekend of August 10-12. There are opportunities for other teams to participate through the wild card process as we strive for flights of 4 teams.
Explain that the Section Champion qualifies to advance to National Championships the weekend of October 12-14 in Orlando, FL at the USTA National Campus!
Get Your $$$$
Upon completion of the league season, USTA Northern will issue a check to each organizer for $400 per team.
Questions? Contact Kelley Okerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-358-3287