2019 Sectional Championships
T-Shirt Design Contest
Daniel Borgertpoepping | March 25, 2019
T-Shirt Design Rules
Design must be original and cannot contain any copyrighted imagery
Design is for the front of the shirt (USTA logo and sponsors will be on the back)
Artwork will be no larger than 10” W x 10” H on the actual shirt
No more than 3 colors can be used
Tennis themed preferred
The design cannot contain the level of championship i.e. 40 and Over Sectional Championships but it can say 2019 Sectional Championships or Sectional Championships
You do not have to be a USTA member to enter but you must be 18 years of age or older
You may enter more than once (each entry must contain a different design)
How to Enter:
Submit your design/s by clicking here no later than May 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm CT.**
The USTA Northern Section Staff will review all submissions and select their top 8 designs. Following the initial selection process, the Adult Leagues department will select the final 4 designs from these top 8 choices. ADVERTISEMENT
The selection process will be anonymous and the winners will be announced by June 21, 2019.
** Please review the Official Rules before you start to ensure that your design is eligible. Upload a JPG, PNG, or GIF photo of your design to enter as well as a hard copy of the original artwork if hand/painted/drawn or the original design file if created on your computer. If your design/s is selected we will ask you to send PDF file of your design/s.
Questions? Contact Taylor Heltne at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The “Sectional Championship T-Shirt Design Contest” is sponsored by USTA Northern. This contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and understands that the results of the contest are final in all respects. The contest if subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to USTA Northern.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who fill out an entry form here and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. If you are a parent or legal guardian and your child would like to submit their design, you must submit it for them and be the prize recipient. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of USTA Northern, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of USTA Northern as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on April 1, 2019, at 9:00 am CT and ending May 31, 2019, at 11:59 pm CT. All entries must be received by May 31, 2019, at 11:59 pm CT.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry form using the online form provided here. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of USTA Northern. You may enter more than once (each entry must contain a different design). You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of USTA Northern.
5. Prizes: The Winners of the Contest (the “Winners”) will receive the winners’ choice of a $100 VISA gift card or 4 Free USTA League Registrations. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at USTA Northern’s discretion. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for USTA Northern to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The USTA Northern Section Staff will review all submissions and select their top 8 designs. Following the initial selection process, the Adult Leagues department will select the final 4 designs from these top 8 choices. The winners will be notified by email and/or telephone within seven (7) days following selection of Winners. USTA Northern shall have no liability for Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winners cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven (7) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and alternate Winners selected. Receipt by Winners of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNERS (AT USTA NORTHERN’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNERS’ DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNERS OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNERS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that USTA Northern, anyone acting on behalf of USTA Northern, and of USTA Northern’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of USTA Northern. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless USTA Northern from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which USTA Northern may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: USTA Northern reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond USTA Northern ’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, USTA Northern may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by USTA Northern. USTA Northern reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. USTA Northern has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, USTA Northern reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless USTA Northern and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: This Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATES OF MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, SOUTH DAKOTA and NORTH DAKOTA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in THE STATES OF MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, SOUTH DAKOTA and NORTH DAKOTA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: USTA Northern, 1001 W 98th Street Bloomington, MN 55431. Requests must be received no later than June 21, 2019, at 5:00 pm CT.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is USTA Northern, 1001 W 98th Street Bloomington, MN 55431.
15. By submitting your contest form and art image, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Questions? Contact Taylor Heltne at email@example.com