Randy Jackson Nominated to Lead USTA Southern
FORT SMITH, ARK. RESIDENT TO ASSUME PRESIDENCY OF LARGEST USTA SECTION
United States Tennis Association (USTA) Southern announced today that Randy Jackson, of Fort Smith, Ark., has been nominated to serve as USTA Southern Board of Directors President & CEO for the 2021-22 term.
Jackson (pictured on right in above photo) is presently serving a two-year term as Executive Vice President. Previously, Jackson served as Vice President for three terms after serving as a Director at Large. He is currently serving as Chair of the USTA Local Play and Competition Committee and previously served as the Chair of the USTA Junior Team Tennis Committee. He is a board member of the Arkansas Patrons Foundation and is presently serving as Co-Chair of the USTA Southern Local Leader Liaison Task Force. Prior positions with USTA Southern include chairing the USTA Southern Volunteer Recruitment and Development Task Force, the USTA Southern Governance Ad Hoc Committee and the USTA Southern Junior Safety Ad Hoc Committee. From 2006-10, Jackson was Chairman of the USTA Southern Junior Team Tennis Committee. In 2005-06 he served as President of USTA Arkansas and has since been inducted into the Arkansas Tennis Hall of Fame.
Brett Schwartz, of Mandeville, La., has been nominated to the post of USTA Southern Executive Vice President. Schwartz (pictured on left in above photo) served as USTA Southern Vice President in 2019-20, Secretary in 2017-18 and as Director at Large in 2015-16.
The members of the USTA Southern Board of Directors will be voted on by the Southern Section’s nine state associations -- Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee -- for the two-year term beginning on Jan. 1, 2021. The state associations will also vote on the candidates chosen for the USTA Southern Nominating Committee at that time. USTA Southern is the largest of the USTA’s 17 sections, representing nearly 25 percent of the national membership.
USTA Southern President & CEO Bonnie Vandegrift, of Asheville, N.C., was nominated as the USTA Delegate and Chairman of the USTA Southern Nominating Committee for the 2021-22 term. Here is the full list of nominees for the 2021-22 term:
USTA Southern Board of Directors
(Name; Post; Hometown)
- Randy Jackson; President & CEO; Fort Smith, Ark.
- Brett Schwartz; Executive Vice President; Mandeville, La.
- Bill McGugin; Vice President; Nashville, Tenn.
- Drew Meyers; Vice President; Lafayette, La.
- Ted Reese; Vice President; Cary, N.C.
- John Herring; Treasurer; Lexington, Ky.
- Donna Gast; Secretary; Cary, N.C.
- Ernie James; Director at Large; Florence, S.C.
- Ashley Massengale; Director at Large; Atlanta
- Jim Warren; Director at Large; Jackson, Miss.
- Bonnie Vandegrift; USTA Delegate; Asheville, N.C.
USTA Southern Nominating Committee
(Name; Post; Hometown)
- Bonnie Vandegrift; Chair; Asheville, N.C.
- Karen Newman Morgan; Member; Canton, Miss.
- Paul Pittman; Member; Florence, S.C.
- Jenifer Tucker; Member; Fayetteville, Ark.
- Derek White; Member; Savannah, Ga.