USTA Missouri Valley
Position: Communications Intern
Time Frame: Summer internship – approx. 15-20 hours/week
Pay Level: Paid. Approved associated expenses covered.
Location: Office located in Prairie Village, Kansas; occasionally work from home.
The United States Tennis Association Missouri Valley is a not-for-profit organization covering a five-state region of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. As one of the 17 Sections of the USTA, the USTA Missouri Valley has more than 21,000 individual members and almost 300 organizational members. As the national governing body of tennis in the U.S., our mission is to "promote and develop the growth of tennis."
Responsibilities: The Communications Intern(s) is responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing Communications and the Communications Coordinators. ADVERTISEMENT Experience and interest are required in content creation through writing, photography, video production including shooting footage and editing final videos.
Hours: The number of hours per week will be agreed upon with the Director of Marketing Communications. Hours may include some night and weekend duties. Limited travel within our five-state area is required, with approved associated expenses covered.
Responsibilities may include:
● Interviewing in person and/or on the phone, and writing for social and publications
● Photography of tournaments and events
● Videography, including video editing
● Research, coordinate and execute social media tactics
● Minimum education and experience: enrolled in a four-year college or university or in a relevant degree program such as communications/public relations or marketing
● Ability to take direction and work independently
● Accuracy and attention to detail
● Knowledge of general communications principles, including AP Style Guide
● Must possess a professional, mature demeanor
● Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and in interpersonal settings
● Must have minimum computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft or Mac software programs; knowledge of design and video editing software a plus
Contact: Manon Eilts, Director of Marketing and Communications 913-322-4826 (direct) or 1-888-368-8612 (toll free) email@example.com
USTA Missouri Valley
4121 W. 83rd Street, Suite 108 Prairie Village, KS 66208