May 20, 2019
USTA Flex Leagues are FUN and FLEXIBLE and allow you to play at your own pace and time, so you can fit tennis into your busy schedule.
FLEX LEAGUE REGISTRATION
💥💥 New League 💥💥 starting in Virginia Beach - Registration starts June 1!
Play will be June 24 to August 15 - NTRP divisions 3.0-4.5.
Contact Flex League Organizer, Julie Davidson for more information.
Register by selecting "SEARCH FOR A FLEX LEAGUE." When you put in search parameters (ALL Levels, STATE, METRO AREA), and select "SEARCH", TennisLink will take you to the page where you can select your flight level for "DETAILS" or to "REGISTER."
KEY POINTS about USTA Flex League:
- You are provided with a weekly suggested "play by date" schedule, but you and your opponents decide WHEN and WHERE you will play. (The FUN of leagues with the convenience of FLEX.)
- You can play the week 5 match the first week, or you can play 2 matches (or more) in a week, or none. You just need to complete the matches by the end of the season.
- The number of matches/weeks in a schedule depends on the number of players/teams who register for your flight level, but we typically do not schedule fewer than four or more than seven matches in a "season."
- You can use a SUB when you need to because of travel, injury, or whatever. ADVERTISEMENT You don't need to tell us unless you are getting a "permanent sub."
- You don't have to be a USTA member to play FLEX, but you do get discounted registration (Tennis Magazine, and more than half of your membership comes back to your community in grants, scholarships, programs, etc.)
- You can select the NTRP rating level you wish to play, even if you have a current USTA rating. So you can play UP and you can play DOWN; we just want you to select the best competitive level for all.
- Your Flex matches NEVER calculate in your USTA rating.
USTA Membership is not required for these leagues, however the cost is $35 for non-members and $25 for USTA members for singles play, and $20 for members and $25 for non-members for doubles play.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
NOVA and Loudoun - please contact Flex League Organizer, Deirdre Hughes.
Richmond - please contact Flex League Organizer, Bernice White.
VA Beach - please contact Flex League Organizer, Julie Davidson.
Washington, D.C - please contact Flex League Organizer Kathleen Johnson.
Montgomery County and Howard County - please contact Flex League Organizer Kathleen Johnson.
Contact Jeff Fowle if you are interested in becoming a local Flex League Organizer.