USTA Leagues are part of a National adult recreational tennis program for men and women players. League play is offered in several skill levels from novice to advanced abilities. The Leagues offer singles and doubles team competition from local, district and sectional levels. Many of these offerings culminate with a National Championship played in one of several locations.
USTA Leagues are open to all USTA members, ages 18 and over, whose playing skills meet the eligibility standards of any one of seven levels of play in singles or doubles for men’s, women’s and mixed divisions. These are defined by the National Tennis Rating Program and include 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 and Open. Click here to learn more about NTRP.
To learn more about the USTA League program in the Chicago District, including format of play, progression, etc., see information below. Click here if you're ready to play and need help finding a team.
Seventy cents of every dollar paid for league registration fees is used to support programs and outreach right in your backyard!
Latest League News
December 15, 2022
Winter 2023 Schedules have been published.
Play runs: 1/6-5/7/2023
Registration opens: 12/19/22
Minimum number of registered players deadline: 1/6/2023
Click here for descriptions of all USTA Adult League Divisions. Any USTA league can be run in the Chicago District with at least a two-team interest in a specific flight.
- Fall (Combo) 2022 / Early Start 2023 (September - December) Team Application Deadline: August 2, 2022
- Winter 2023 (January - May) Team Application Deadline: November 18, 2022
- Summer 2023 (May - July) Team Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
There are approximately 300 captains that help make USTA League play possible in Chicago. Learn more about what they do and find captain resources below. What it means to be a captain:
- Be familiar with the structure, procedures and local league, sectional and national rules, as well as the general rules of tennis to keep your team informed.
- Attend all local league meetings and be in contact with your local league coordinator in case of any changes made to the league.
- Recruit enough players to field a complete team for every match.
- Ensure that all players meet the eligibility requirements: Have a valid NTRP rating, USTA membership and be the minimum age for the league.
- Obtain a team number from your league coordinator.
- Distribute all materials to your team including: Team number, schedule of play, current rules and regulations and a list of team members with telephone numbers and emails.
- Confirm home and away matches and contact opposing team captains to confirm the date and time of match. Assist your local league coordinator in rescheduling postponed or delayed matches.
- Organize all materials necessary for the team’s participation at the championship level, if your team qualifies.
- Record match results on TennisLink within 48 hours (per regulations).
- Please note applications received after the deadline are not guaranteed entry into the League.
To find out more about becoming a Captain in the Chicago District or to get your League questions answered, contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 847-803-2382. For help finding a league, click here.
League Rules and Procedures
- 2023 USTA Chicago - District League Rules and Procedures
- 2022 Chicago District League Rules and Procedures (comprised of the four documents below):
- CDTA Timed Match Scenario Discussion