We have countless captains that help make USTA League play possible in Northwestern Ohio. Learn more about what they do and find captain resources below!
League Contact: Amy Beaverson
Text or call (317) 941-3509 firstname.lastname@example.org for additional league information.
Click here for the captain's agreement to register your team and request a team number.
Captains that recruit players are rewarded with money.
1 new 2.5 W team : $80 (3 new players) | 4 or 5 court teams: $125 (4 new players)
New players are defined as not played in 2019. Apply for the incentive here.
What it Means to Be a Captain:
- Be familiar with the structure, procedures and local league, sectional and national rules, as well as the general rules of tennis to keep your team informed.
- Attend all local league meetings and be in contact with your local league coordinator in case of any changes made to the league.
Find Interested Players
- Recruit enough players to field a complete team for every match.
- Ensure that all players meet the eligibility requirements: Have a valid NTRP rating, USTA membership and be the minimum age for the league.
- Obtain a team number from your league coordinator.
- Distribute all materials to your team including: Team number, schedule of play, current rules and regulations and a list of team members with telephone numbers and emails.
- Confirm home and away matches and contact opposing team captains to confirm date and time of match. Assist your local league coordinator in rescheduling postponed or delayed matches.
- Organize all materials necessary for the team’s participation at the championship level, if your team qualifies.
Get Results In
- Record match results on TennisLink within 48 hours (per regulations).