The USTA Northwestern Ohio District Championships were held August 29-30 at Shadow Valley.
View information on the Midwest Championships here.
Friday, August 13 - Sunday, August 15
Chagrin Valley Athletic Club (17260 Snyder Rd, Chagrin Falls, OH 44023)
Required to have filled out by a team at each level of Championships
Only for players that are on two eligible Championship team at the same level
District Championships Format
- If teams within a single flight play each other two or more times during the season, the top team will advance to the next level of championship play.
- In single flights consisting of 8 or less teams playing each other 1 time only the top 2 teams will advance to a flight playoff
- In single flights consisting of 9 to 10 teams, the top 2 teams will advance to the District Championships.
- In the cases of a single flights 11- 15 teams, teams will play each other with the top 3 teams or 2 if there is a day league to progress to championships.
- In the case that the total number of teams is between 16-17, the teams will split into 3 sub-flights. The winner of each sub-flight will progress to District Championships
- In the case that the total number of teams is 18-29, the teams will be split into 2 sub-flights. Each winner of the sub-flights will progress to District Championships.
- In the event of a day league sub-flight, the winner of the day sub-flight will make up the 3rd spot of the district championships or, the number 2 positions of the 2 sub-flights will play off for the 3rd spot in the district championships.
- In the case that the total number of teams is 30 or more, the teams will be split into 3 sub-flights.
**** League that run a shortened season may have to have adjustments depending on the number of teams,
If one flight within shortened format only playing 1x - top 1 and 2 teams will advance to championships
Championships format for multiple flights/sub-flights/sub-flights within a level
If there are multiple flights and or sub-flights, and the teams play each other once within the flight/sub-flight, the number 1 team of each flight/sub-flight will automatically advance to a position in the District Championships. A maximum of 3 teams will be invited to District Championships UNLESS there are 4 flights/sub-flights for a particular level of play. In that instance, 4 teams will advance to the district championships.
If teams play each other two or more times within a flight/sub-flight, only the number 1 team advances to the District Championships.
If a team declines a spot in District Championships, teams with winning records within the flight will be invited to fill spots.
Pride: Zdravko CoricJune 17, 2021Zdravko Coric is the treasurer and tournament director at Second City Tennis (SCT) — a Chicago-based organization focused on creating and supporting social and competitive tennis programming for LGBTQIA+ and allied communities. SCT is in charge of Second City Tennis Classic, the largest tournament in the region sanctioned by the Gay and Lesbian Tennis Association. Read More
Pride: Tuan NgoJune 16, 2021Tuan Ngo is the president of Second City Tennis (SCT) — a Chicago-based organization focused on creating and supporting social and competitive tennis programming for LGBTQIA+ and allied communities. SCT is in charge of Second City Tennis Classic, the largest tournament in the region sanctioned by the Gay and Lesbian Tennis Association. Read More
Local Events a Success!June 11, 2021This spring, USTA/Midwest Section hosted 100 Play Tennis Midwest! events across the states of Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois attracting more than 2,000 attendees of all ages and abilities. Learn about the efforts behind these free, neighborhood events, and how they've helped more children and adults fall in love with the game of tennis. Read More