Junior Player Development
Opportunities for High-Performance Players
USTA Middle States holds organized training opportunities for high-performance players across the section. These Sectional Training Centers and Early Development Camps are designed so players can train and improve at the highest-possible level, setting them up for success in junior tournaments and beyond.
SECTIONAL TRAINING CENTERS (STC)
STCs fit the specific needs of players local to Middle States between the ages of 10-14. These centers leverage a network of USTA National Faculty coaches, Section high performance coaches, and top players to facilitate a STC program.
During STCs, young players are invited to train and compete at the STC designated for their specific Region. The STC East Initiative combines players from Delaware, New Jersey, Philadelphia and the Central/Eastern Pa. districts, while the STC West focuses solely on the Allegheny Mountain District.
- 10 and Under Tennis Competencies
- Coaching Education
- Player Development Video Library
- Sports Psychology
- Wheelchair Coaching
EARLY DEVELOPMENT CAMPS (EDC)
EDCs are a new initiative developed by USTA National Coaches that focus on local players ages 7 to 10. The goal is to bring together players currently competing in a local area for intensive half-day of training in Orange/Green Ball competition. EDCs located throughout the Section develop the talent pool of Middle States junior players.
2023 SPRING EDC SCHEDULE:
- Green Ball EDC @ Unlimited Performance Academy | March 18, 2023
- Green Ball EDC @ High Performance Tennis Academy | April 8, 2023
- Green Ball EDC @ Princeton Tennis Program | April 29, 2023
- Green Ball EDC @ High Performance Tennis Academy | May 20, 2023
- Orange Ball EDC @ Princeton Tennis Program | May 20, 2023