Junior Team Tennis
USTA Northern Junior Team Tennis
USTA Northern Junior Team Tennis helps girls and boys ages 11 to 18 get in the game, get on the court and have a good time. Players 10 & under are welcome to play JTT and should be green or yellow ball eligible in accordance with USTA's Play Tracker system.
10U players and their parents can access their PlayTracker points within their usta.com account profile, underneath the Family tab. Here, you will see a player's current competition ball color, coach assigned skill level (if applicable) and total points at each competitive level. Players will collect points on an engaging PlayTracker after playing in USTA Team Challenges, USTA Junior Team Tennis, and USTA Junior Circuits.
Junior Team Tennis is the largest team tennis program in the United States. It is a "traditional" team tennis format where a minimum of three boys and three girls form a team and compete against other JTT teams in the section. ADVERTISEMENT Leagues are available in the following categories: 12U Green Ball, 14U Intermediate, 14U Advanced, 18U Intermediate, and 18U Advanced.
Match formats consist of one set of boys singles, girls singles, boys doubles, girls doubles, and mixed doubles and the match is determined by total-games won. For 2023, there is a team, two match minimum requirement in local season matches in order for teams to participate in the Section Championship.
Players must be a USTA Member to participate in Junior Team Tennis (Junior membership is now FREE!).
For more information about Team Tennis, contact Natalie Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JTT 2023 Summer Season Schedule:
- April 17: JTT team registration opens
- May 30: JTT team registration closes
- June 12: Player registration and player waivers due prior to first match
- June 16: Section Championship registration opens
- July 10: Section Championship registration closes
- July 21-23: Section Championships (18U Intermediate and Advanced), Section Championships (14U Intermediate and Advanced)
- Tentative July 22-23: Section Championships (12U Green Ball Intermediate), team participation
Locations of Section Championships coming soon!
Season schedules will be released the week of June 5th, 2023. Days of play are as follows:
- Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Tuesdays: 14 and Under
- Wednesdays: 12 and Under
- Thursdays: 18 and Under
Week 1: June 11th-17th
Week 2: June 18th-24th
Week 3: June 25th - July 1st
Week 4: July 2nd-8th (MSHSL Summer Waiver Period)
Week 5: July 9th-15th
Week 6: July 16th-19th (Match Make-Up Week, if desired)
Section Championships: July 21-23rd 2023
Upcoming Play Opportunities
Serving With Purpose
- March 4th, 2023, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Winona Indoor Tennis Association, Winona, MN
- Donations will be allocated to Winona Volunteer Services to support MN (Food Share) March Campaign
- 6 teams, 18U *Intermediate,* WTN Range 30-34
- Requirement: Safeplay Compliant Coaches
- Donation Based: food shelf or monetary contribution on site
- Team registration opens February 1st, 2023
- Player Registration (Serve Tennis) closes March 3rd, 2023
Spring Border Challenge
- May (date and time TBD)
- Green Island Tennis Complex, La Crosse, WI
- Girls 18U *Intermediate,* WTN Range 30-35
- Minnesota v. Wisconsin
- 3 teams per state, 6 player minimum
- Requirement: Safeplay Compliant Coaches
- Team registration, date TBD
- Player Registration will be on Serve Tennis
JTT Northern Open
- July 15th, 2023
- Longview Tennis Club, Duluth, MN
- 18U Intermediate, WTN Range 30-34
- More information is coming soon!
If you have summer staff looking for training opportunities, contact Christin Thurston at email@example.com for opportunities. Also, make sure to keep your staff up to date with the latest coach materials by getting registered on www.netgeneration.com.
Coach Registration (All coaches must register on Net Generation)
To start the process of becoming Safe Play approved or to check your status, please visit: www.usta.com/safeplay. Coaches also need to have a "Green Light" status on their background check. Please direct Safe Play questions to Mya Smith-Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org or Natalie Stevens at email@example.com.