USTA EASTERN 2017 ZONE TEAM
May 5, 2017
What is Zonals?
The USTA Zone Team Championships (Zonals) is a five-day National team competition emphasizing singles, doubles and mixed doubles play against other section’s teams. Our goal is to provide a platform and location for play that fosters team work and healthy competition. Match results from Zonals will count for National and Eastern Section standings. Please see the information below about the event to help you plan your application and participation.
The 2017 Zonals Registration Application is now closed. The entry deadline was Monday, June 12 at 1:00 p.m. All steps must be completed in order to successfully register for Zonals. Late Entries will not be accepted - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Introduce young players to national competition in a friendly, team-based environment where stress is minimized
- Provide the best possible competitive opportunity to maximize each child’s development
- Teach children to be role models of good sportsmanship in a healthy and positive learning environment
1) You must be age eligible. ADVERTISEMENT Please register in the age division in which you will be during the event. A junior becomes age ineligible on the first day of their birthday month when they are turning 13, 15 and 17.
2) You must submit a copy of your US birth certificate, US passport, 1485 or 797C forms, permanent resident card, diplomat status, refugee status or Asylee status to the section office (one time only).
3) Players may register in up to TWO (2) age divisions. To do so, you will have to register for each division you would like to be considered. The Eastern office will select players for these divisions in the following order: 16, 14, 12. If a player is entered in two age divisions and is selected in the older age division, that player shall not be eligible for selection into the younger division. If a player is not selected for the older division, that player is eligible for selection in the younger division and is eligible to be an alternate in the younger division but not in the older division.
How to Register:
There are Three Parts to Zonals registration!
1) Create an account in Foundant
2)Complete the online registration form
3) Print and Sign the waiver release and mail to USTA Eastern Attn: Zonals 70 West Red Oak Lane White Plains, NY 10604
The system will prompt you to purchase a uniform and pay the tournament entry fee. No charges will be made to your account until you have been selected for the event.
In the BG12 we select the top 30 boys and girls and in the BG14-16 we select the top 24 boys and 24 girls that are in good standing with the section and have successfully registered. We will be using an endorsement list to determine the top 24 or 30, to be published the week of June 12th. Acceptance and alternates will be announced the week of June 19th or sooner.
- Boys' & Girls' 12s: A total of 30 boys and 30 girls for this event
- Boys' & Girls' 14s: A total of 24 boys and 24 girls for this event
- Boys' & Girls' 16s: A total of 24 boys and 24 girls for this event
Sites and Dates:
Boys' & Girls' 12s
July 26-31, 2017
Boys' & Girls' 14s
July 26-31, 2017
Boys' & Girls' 16s
July 27-August 1, 2017
The USTA Eastern Section will send some of our best and brightest coaches to the event. They may coach players at specific times during matches and will supervise teams at official team functions. Please be aware, the coach’s role is not to chaperone the players.
Players that withdraw from any team competition, for whatever reason, 5 days prior to the start date(registration) of the event is considered a late withdrawal and may have a negative impact on their selection into future team competitions.