2018 Junior Rule Changes
USTA Mid-Atlantic | September 13, 2017
USTA Mid-Atlantic has made several changes relating to junior compeition in order to create a better playing experience. Please familiarize yourself with these changes for 2018, and if you have any questions, visit our staff directory. To view the schedule of Section and National tournaments, click here.
Points Count Up: 20 percent of a player's results earned in a division will count up to the next-older age division.
- The change is effective Jan. 1, 2018 and will be retroactive for 12 months
- After a player ages up, 20 percent of points from younger age division will remain on a player's record until 52 weeks from the date of the tournament if they are among the player's best six singles or doubles results.
- For Super Six tournaments, the Section will only select players based on the Standing List for that age division. ADVERTISEMENT
- Click here full MAS Section standing criteria.
Points Table Adjusted
- Point levels for L4, L5, L6 and L7 tournaments have been increased.
- Stay local, save on travel and build your ranking by playing in Mid-Atlantic tournaments.
- View the full junior points table, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
Battle in the Burg...Now in Blacksburg!
- The 2018 Section Singles Championship for Boys and Girls 16U and 18U will be hosted by Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA.
- Read about all the 2018 Junior Section Singles Championships.