NON-USTA JOB OPPORTUNITIES
NorCal Staff | October 12, 2017
As a benefit to our Organization Members, USTA NorCal will post non-USTA tennis opportunities on our website. Email us the job details to be considered.
Tennis Professional - Cliff Drysdale Tennis Fairfield
Cliff Drysdale Tennis manages facilities in Fairfield area are looking for energetic, hardworking tennis professionals to join their team.
- Teaching private lessons and group clinics to adults and juniors of all ages and skill levels
- Helping with tournaments and special events
- Racquet stringing and camps
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic pro with a strong work ethic to begin or continue a tennis career with great potential to advance. This is an entry level position and good playing experience is preferred.
- Contact the Director of Tennis, Sarah Neale.
Part-Time Tennis Instructor - Conidi Grech Tennis
Conidi Grech Tennis in Fremont is looking for a part-time tennis instructor afternoons, evenings and on the weekends for both Group and Private lessons.
Applicants should have experience with the USTA's 10 and Under Tennis Program. They should have experience working with groups using Red, Orange and Green balls on the appropriate courts. Applicants will be working with students from 4 to 18 years of age and possibly with adults on an as needed basis.
Compensation will be based on experience and certification/training. Upon offer, the applicant will be required to have a DOJ fingerprinting done and have a current TB test, before being hired. Conidi Grech Tennis programs are taught at John F. Kennedy High School in Fremont. Check our website at www.conidigrechtennis.com.
To apply, contact Joe Grech at email@example.com.
Tennis Professional - Claremont Club & Spa
Instruct and generate tennis lessons, help coordinate and instruct junior tennis programs. Assist Tennis Director as needed.
- Five plus year’s tennis teaching experience.
- Experience teaching private and group lessons
- Experience teaching all levels – juniors and adults.
- Preferred USPTA Certification – Pro 1 or 2 or PTR Certification.
- College or professional tennis background.
Fremont Tennis Center Staff
Fremont Tennis Center is currently looking for a Pro Shop Attendant / Tournament Desk Staff and a Tennis Coach.
Pro Shop Attendant / Tournament Desk Staff Requirements
- No tennis experience necessary
- Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Prior experience with a cash register a plus but not required
- Shifts available on weekday afternoon/evenings and weekends
Tennis Coach Requirements
- Must have tennis experience
- Prior coaching experience preferred but not required
- Must be creative and energetic
- Able to work with students of all age groups from youth to adults
- Summer and year-round positions available
- Roving umpires must have knowledge of the rules because they may be called upon to problem solve at a moment’s notice.
- Overrule clear mistakes when standing on the court WITHOUT a verbal appeal by the player
- Solve on court problems with specific procedures and may give code violations
- To become certified as a Sectional Umpire (the next step past being a rookie), an official must attend a Roving Clinic and work an additional 4 days as a volunteer rover under the supervision of experienced officials.
- Must attend a certification class annually
- Umpires must attend a Sectional Umpire School and pass the test
- A "Rookie" umpire must attend a Provisional Umpire School and pass the Provisional Umpire Test
- Must be knowledgeable about the requirements for each age group or level of play
- An eye exam is required every two years.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- You must have own transportation to tournaments
If you are interested in becoming a Roving Umpire, email Northern California Sectional Chairman of Officials, Chris Wilson.
After School Tennis Instructor - TGA Premier Youth Tennis
- Type: Part-Time Employment
- Description: Duties include instructing students grades PK-5th during the after school time period. All classes are held on school grounds during the afternoon for 1-2 hours a day. Instructors deliver proven curriculum on the fundamentals of the tennis swing and the rules and etiquette of the game. TGA employees also have the opportunity to work at weekend events, tournaments and classes.
- Contact: Mike Lipsey, 408-832-5987.
Galileo is looking for a tennis coach who loves to play!
During the season, practice is everyday, 3:30-5:30 pm (approx.) at Alice Marble tennis courts (up the hill from Galileo). The address is: 1200 Greenwich St, San Francisco, CA 94109
The position is for 95 extended hours, which is $33.16/hour before taxes, and converts to approximately $2,000 after taxes. The length of the season is 8/21/17 to 11/3/17.
There are approx 7 tourneys a season. Last season we had a player who made it to the All-City Girls Quarterfinals Tourney in GG park!
Where: Galileo High School of Science and Technology, 1150 Francisco Street, San Francisco, CA 94109
More Information: Click Here
If you have more questions please call Joseph at: 310-721-8524.
The General Manager (GM) is a highly visible, active leader, who serves as the Chief Operating Officer and reports to the Board of Directors. The GM actively interfaces with the Board Committee Chairs, attends meetings of the committees, implements and monitors programs and initiatives, and provides reports on Club activities and programs. The GM serves approximately 300 members, supervises 10 employees, and manages a budget of $800k.
Marin Tennis Club is known as the Best Tennis Club in Marin County. It is a member owned not-for-profit club located in a sheltered, sunny location in the beautiful Dominican area of San Rafael. With 12 superbly maintained courts the club focuses first and foremost on tennis. It has many competitive teams, social tennis opportunities for play with people at similar levels, and many events that bring its membership together for fun tennis, food, wine, and socializing. The club has a great coaching team that offers its members individual and group lessons. The kitchen is open daily for meals in a lovely setting, along with a pool and exercise areas that complement the facility and activities.
More Information: Click Here
Submit a cover letter and resume to the Board of Directors at Manager@marintennisclub.com or mail to Marin Tennis Club, Attn: GM Search, 925 Belle Ave., San Rafael, CA 94901.
JV Tennis Coach
Freemont High School is looking for a tennis coach for the girls junior varsity team.
Employer: Fremont Union High School District
Length of Work Year: Seasonal (Fall Season)
- High School Diploma
- Once hired, coaches must complete fingerprint clearance; submit a current (negative) TB test; complete CPR and First Aid certifications; and complete three online coach courses with the National ASEP registry ("Fundamentals of Coaching," "Sudden Cardiac Arrest," and "Concussion in Sports: What You Need to Know")
Contact: Melissa Duran
More Information: Click Here