USTA Missouri Valley
Hall of Fame Nominations
USTA Missouri Valley | May 12, 2017
The USTA Missouri Valley Tennis Hall of Fame was established in 1986 to recognize those members of the section, both players and non-players, whose achievements and contributions are worthy of the highest commendation and recognition.
Applications MUST be received by July 31 of each calendar year to be considered for the current year's Hall of Fame class.
Hall of Fame Eligibility Requirements
1. The nominee must have been a resident of the area administered by the USTA Missouri Valley for a minimum of five (5) years.
2. Currently employed USTA staff at the district, section or national level are not eligible to be nominated for or inducted into the USTA Missouri Valley Hall of Fame. Contributions made as a paid staff member will be considered for induction.
3. If the nominee is a player, they must have been highly ranked at the section or national level, considered an outstanding player at those levels, and must have participated in numerous USTA Missouri Valley championships or national level tournaments. ADVERTISEMENT
4. Other nominees may be selected if they made a substantial contribution to the game of tennis as a(n):
a. Director of tennis tournaments, clinics, recreational programs, or other activities for the general tennis public (e.g. promoter or manufacturer)
b. Coach at the level of elementary, high school, college or higher;
c. Teaching professional;
d. Umpire; and/or
e. Administrator of the game
5. The nominee need not be living to be inducted into the USTA Missouri Valley Hall of Fame.
6. The sportsmanship and character displayed by the nominee during their tennis career will be taken into consideration.
7. The number of inductees each year will be between zero (0) and five (5). The USTA Missouri Valley Hall of Fame Committee will make the determination of the number to be inducted based on the quality of the nominees.
8. Anyone may nominate a person for consideration by the USTA Missouri Valley Hall of Fame Committee. Nomination forms can be downloaded from this USTA Missouri Valley page, completed and submitted to the USTA Missouri Valley’s office by the deadline to be considered for nomination.
9. Nomination forms are kept on file for five (5) years, and may be updated by the nominee or nominee representative at any time prior to the published deadline annually.
For more information about USTA Missouri Valley Hall of Fame, contact:
Manon Eilts - firstname.lastname@example.org