Junior Team Tennis Local Leagues
NorCal Staff | May 2, 2017
USTA Northern California Junior Team Tennis League gives kids the opportunity to have fun and compete while at the same time enjoying the camaraderie of a team. Teams are formed by tennis clubs/programs and parent team captains from all areas of Northern California.
Playing Junior Team Tennis (JTT) is a great way for players that are new to USTA competition to get started with official match play; as well as for experienced players to develop their skills and move on to participating in USTA Tournaments. Players in this league should be able (at a minimum) to serve, keep score, and rally before participating.
Below you will find more information about the league and how to get involved. We are always looking for new team captains and players to join the program. Contact a USTA JTT Staff member to get started on creating a new team, or let us help you find an open team in your area!
HOW TO GET STARTED
Looking For A Team To Play On?
If you are looking for a team to join, you can get started in two steps:
- View the list of participating tennis programs in each region (below) to see if you are already part of a tennis program that participates in the league. ADVERTISEMENT If you see your program listed, talk with the tennis professional at that club/program about the opportunity to join the team. If they say you can join the team, they will provide you a Tennislink Team ID number to use when registering online. CLICK HERE to register for a Team in Tennislink using your Team ID number
- If you are a player parent that is looking for a team in your area, and/or if you are not part of a current participating tennis program, click on the button and fill out the interested player form. A USTA Junior Team Tennis staff member will get back to within a week regarding the options in your area. FIND A TEAM
Note: Some programs may not be open to new players or have already filled their roster. Team parents/volunteers may be asked to help captain teams when necessary.
Looking To Field A Team?
If you are a new team captain, parent, or tennis professional looking to field a team, CLICK HERE to get started!
LOCAL PLAYOFFS & SECTION CHAMPIONSHIPS
After the local season is complete, based on performance, some teams may qualify for a local end of the season event or the JTT Section Championships. This event brings together the top teams from all of the USTA NorCal Championship League areas to compete in a tournament. Qualification information is detailed in the USTA NorCal JTT Section Regulations under the League Resources & Information area.
2017 Section Championship Event Information: Click here
LOCAL LEAGUE INFORMATION
Click on the flyer below for more local league information. Some leagues may accept late registrations. Contact the organizer for details.
LEAGUE RESOURCES & INFORMATION
- USTA NorCal JTT Section Rules & Regulations
- USTA Membership - Sign Up & Renewal Information
- Youth Progression System – 10 and Under Player Eligibility
- 2017 NorCal JTT – Same Gender Division Player Benchmark (Int./Adv.)
- TennisLink Coach / Player Login
- TennisLink Player Registration
- Team Captain Handbook
- Travel Leagues
- Junior Team Tennis (JTT) Play Options
- JTT Advancement Opportunities
Junior Team Tennis Specialist
Junior Team Tennis Coordinator