Chicago 2020 Junior District Championships
The 2020 Chicago Junior District Championships are scheduled for three weekends in July. These events replace the Chicago District Qualifiers that were canceled due to COVID-19. While playing the District Championships, open only to Chicago District players, will not be required to gain entry to the Midwest Closed, the event provides a great opportunity for area juniors to earn the title of Chicago District Champion in their age division.
These Level 3 events will offer singles play only with a Feed-In Consolation draw through the consolation quarterfinals. To clarify, no feed-in quarter-final consolation, semi-final consolation or final consolation matches will be played. Awards will be presented to the first through fourth-place finishers. All players will receive a signature District Championship gift.
Please note, a player may only play in one Chicago District Championship tournament (i.e., a player cannot compete in the 12s and 14s or the 10s and the 12s); players must choose one age division.
Once further details are finalized, registration will be open on TennisLink and players can secure a spot in the 64-player draw (32-player draw for 10U).
Chicago Junior District Championship Dates and Locations:
Boys 12 – XS Tennis, 5336 S State St, Chicago, IL 60609 - REGISTER HERE
Girls 12 – Oak Brook Tennis Center, 1300 Forest Gate Rd, Oak Brook, IL 60523 - REGISTER HERE
Boys 14 – Danny Cunniff Park, 2700 Trail Way, Highland Park, IL 60035 - REGISTER HERE
Girls 14 – AC Nielsen Tennis Center, 530 Hibbard Rd. Winnetka, IL 60093 - REGISTER HERE
Boys 16 – Oak Brook Tennis Center, 1300 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523 - REGISTER HERE
Girls 16 – XS Tennis, 5336 S State Street, Chicago, IL 60609 - REGISTER HERE
Boys 18 – Forest View Racquet & Fitness Club, 800 Falcon Drive, Arlington Heights, IL 60005 - REGISTER HERE
Girls 18 – XS Tennis, 5336 S State Street, Chicago, IL 60609 - REGISTER HERE
July 31-August 3
Boys and Girls 10s – LifeSport/Libertyville, 1030 S 4th Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048 - REGISTRATION COMING SOON
- Each player will be given two balls to be hand-marked or sorted by tournament staff
- Players should arrive no more than 10 minutes before scheduled match times, and leave immediately after scores are reported
- To minimize the size of group gatherings, ONLY Player and one spectator (coach or parent) will be allowed on site; additional spectators can wait in parked vehicles but will not be allowed courtside, at the tournament desk, or in any indoor or outdoor areas at the tournament sites. Player and guest passes will be provided.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the tournament desk; sanitizing wipes will be used on high touch areas like door handles
- Players and spectators should bring their own cooler or lawn chairs to sit on; benches may not be available
- Players must bring their own water bottles/containers; water may not be available
- Tournament staff will enforce 6-foot social distancing for all spectators and each spectator must stay at least 6 feet from the fence at all times
- Players must wear masks when approaching the tournament desk until they reach their courts
- Spectators must wear masks at all times on tournament site, except for when watching their player, 6 feet from any other spectator; and at all times if event moves indoors
- USTA Officials will monitor all District Championship events
- Failure to comply with the COVID-19 Tournament Procedures, by the player or spectator, will result in Tournament Disqualification for the player
If you have any questions, please contact Barb Rueth, CDTA Junior Play Director at email@example.com or the Tournament Director listed on TennisLink for your specific event.
New Junior Tournament Alignment 2021
USTA Junior Tournaments are offered in a variety of formats, including individual, team, non-elimination and elimination. There are also competitions for wheelchair players. This wide range allows you to compete in a way that makes you feel comfortable, suits your level of play and helps you experience success. The tournament process will be changing in 2021.
Keep checking back to this web page for the most recent information. View details from the USTA here.
Junior Tournament Finder
Click the link below that applies to you to find tournaments in the Chicago District.
Tournament Director Resources
- 2021 Nationwide Junior Competitive Structure
- Host a Team Challenge
- Host a Team Tournament
- TDM Manager Guide
- Friend at Court
- Tournament Director Manual
To schedule an official, contact Marilyn Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USTA/Midwest Tournament Resources:
For tennis players under 10, the USTA has created a Youth Progression system for developing the young tennis athlete. Tournaments begin at age 7 on the orange ball court and progress to the green ball court before advancing to the yellow ball court. Red ball players can dip their toes into competition through participation in Team Challenges described below.
Click here for more information on the Midwest USTA 10 & Under program.
A low-pressure team environment introducing competition without emphasizing results
Innovative format with increased competition focusing on team results
Non-elimination format for individual competition emphasizing results & ratings
Find programs near you at netgeneration.com.
There are many of these events throughout the Chicago area. Email email@example.com if you’d like more information about entering your child or to host an event.
Interested in hosting a team program? See the links below.
Early Development Camps
Each summer the USTA Midwest hosts Combines to select the top 10U tennis players in the Chicago District to participate in 3 camps throughout the summer. These camps focus on Net Generation curriculums to develop the young tennis player along the red, orange, green development pathways.
Click here to learn more.
USTA Chicago District Team Cup Competition
Each summer, juniors from around the USTA/Midwest Section represent their district in an exciting team competition. The USTA/Midwest Section is one of the only sections throughout the USTA that hosts a team competition for boys and girls in the 12s, 14s, and 18-and-under age divisions. Matchplay consists of a round-robin format throughout the weekend and concludes with the top teams advancing to the championship match. Players are selected to participate based on their ranking, tournament play, character, and sportsmanship. For more information contact Olivia Denton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
District Cup events include:
- USTA Midwest Marian Wood Baird Cup (G18)
- USTA Midwest District Team Cup (B18)
- USTA Midwest District Team Cup (BG14)
- USTA Midwest District Team Cup (BG12)
The District Cup is suspended for 2020. Check back for future dates and information.
Kids' DayJuly 09, 2020Taking a closer look at the recent Kids' Day that took place in Winnetka on July 10. Read More
Opening Day in ChicagoJune 25, 2020Hit the courts throughout Cook, Lake, and DuPage Counties on the morning of Saturday, July 11th to participate in USTA Chicago’s Opening Day celebration of tennis. Read More
Start Playing TennisJune 25, 2020Read this article for a quick start guide on how to play tennis, what you need to play, how to choose a racquet, how to hold a racquet and all of the basics to build your confidence and get you out on the court. Read More