Scroll down for information for players and tournament directors and details on youth progression.
Junior Tournament Update: May 28, 2020
On April 13, 2020, the USTA suspended all sanctioned play through May 31 and froze standing lists as of March 9.
All Tournament Directors have been asked to make sure they are adhering to the CDC, state of Michigan and their local government guidelines & restrictions while hosting a tournament.
Click here for USTA recommendations on returning to play safely.
Click here for USTA return to play recommendations for junior tournaments.
Please note that these are only recommended guidelines. For further details for each tournament and how the Tournament Director plans on hosting their event, please read the information section on the tournament's Home Page on the USTA Tennislink Page or contact the hosting Tournament Director.
Below are the most recent Junior Programming announcements.
- Southeastern Michigan does intend to host an event in place of our cancelled Qualifier- the 2020 SEM Local District Championship.
- National Level 1-3 Events posted through July 12 are suspended.
- USTA Junior Team Tennis National Championships are cancelled for 2020.
- Midwest Section Junior Closed (BG12-18) will be played November 7-9, 2020. Click here for more details.
- Midwest Section District Team Cup is cancelled for 2020.
Team Cup Information - Suspended for 2020
Each summer, juniors from around the USTA/Midwest Section represent their district in an exciting team competition. The USTA/Midwest Section is one of the only sections throughout the USTA that hosts a team competition for boys and girls in the 12s, 14s, and 18-and-under age divisions. Match play consists of a round-robin format throughout the weekend and concludes with the top teams advancing to the championship match. Players are selected to participate based on their ranking, tournament play, character, and sportsmanship. For more information regarding Southeastern Michigan Team Cup teams, contact Michele Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org.