Junior Team Tennis
Junior Team Tennis is a program that gives all kids 18 and under the opportunity to play matches on a team with their friends. Teams play against others of similar ability levels and will have the chance to play locally or travel. See the session information below to find out more about our programs. For more information or to bring a league to your area, contact Sydney Whitfield at email@example.com
Congratulations to SJ Tennis who won our 2023 District Championship and went on the take 2nd place at the Section Championships!
2024 information will be coming soon.
Junior Team Tennis Team Captains play a vital role that allows teams to be successful and have fun! The United States Tennis Association is committed to making every tennis experience an enjoyable and memorable one. To ensure a safe and fun environment for all participants, the USTA has developed "Safe Play." Safe Play embodies the USTA’s commitment to respect and safety for every individual participating in a USTA event or program through the use of screening, education and reporting tools.
The USTA expects individuals to adhere to Safe Play policies and standards, as well as all other USTA policies, procedures, and practices and applicable external laws and regulations. Safe Play consists of the following five requirements and standards:
- Conduct, Policies & Guidelines
- USTA Background Screening
- Education & Training
- Reporting Misconduct, Maltreatment or Violations of Safe Play
- Grassroots Engagement & Communication
- Recruit players and send them information about the program and session.
- Register team online via the appropriate session Team Entry Form found above in the Session Information area. A team number will be sent to you via email once your registration is complete and there are enough other teams in your division.
- All Junior Team Tennis captains are required to complete SafePlay Training and Criminal Background check as well as renew it every year. Captains will not be able to see their team information or enter any scores until this is complete and the background check is approved. Once you have been approved, WMTA will send you your team information. Click HERE to complete or renew your SafePlay certification.
- Distribute team number and sign-up instructions to players. Sign-up instructions are located under the session information for your program.
- Familiarize yourself with the Junior Team Tennis Guidelines so that you are prepared to support your players and parents throughout the season
- The schedules for each session will be sent to Team Captains. Please distribute the schedule to your players and parents once you receive it from WMTA.
Team Captains have pre-match and match day responsibilities for their team. The following is a checklist of important steps that Team Captains must take, as well as appropriate corresponding paperwork.
Pre-Match Responsibilities (for non-advancing leagues):
- At least three days before each match, confirm player availability. Once you confirm that the minimum requirement of players are available for the match, contact the opposing captain to confirm the match and minimum player requirement
- If you are unable to attend a match, assign an acting captain and distribute contact information to players and the opposing captain
- Set line up and have prepared for match.
- Lineup/scorecard based on age division, as well as instructions on how to set a line up are below.
How to Set a Lineup:
Match Day Responsibilities (for in-house leagues):
- Exchange line-up with opposing captain 10 minutes prior to the start of the match.
- Keep time for matches and warn players when they have 5 minutes remaining.
- Record scores post-match.
- Serve as an on-site resource for players and parent.
- Enter scores into TennisLink within 24 hours of match completion.
- Please note that Team Captain's cannot enter scores or see team information until all Safe Play requirements (training video and background check) have been completed.