with USTA Eastern
March 12, 2020
USTA Eastern is committed to growing the game of tennis and we welcome the support of our volunteers to help fulfill this mission. We gratefully acknowledge all of our dedicated volunteers who generously give their time and energy to support tennis programs in our community. We have countless volunteer opportunities available and we look forward to working with you to direct your talent to support the growth of tennis.
We can help find the right volunteer opportunity for you based on your areas of expertise, interest and time availability.
Click here to complete our volunteer form.
USTA Eastern Volunteer Opportunities:
1. Board Leadership
Every two years, USTA Eastern looks to recruit new members for its section and regional boards. This highly passionate group of individuals serve as the Eastern section leadership and implement wide-reaching strategies to grow the game. ADVERTISEMENT They play an instrumental role in connecting USTA Eastern to the right resources, influencers and opportunities to help us achieve our mission. There’s never been a more exciting time to make an impact and create change in the sport. Be a part of the tennis revolution!
For more information about serving on the board, please email email@example.com.
2. Special Events
USTA Eastern hosts many community events throughout the year. We are always seeking the support of great individuals to help us bring these events to life.
- Eastern Tennis Conference
- Big Apple Cup
- Bronx Open
- College Showcase Day
- Junior Team Tennis Sectionals
- USTA League Sectionals
- Net Generation Activations
- Tennis On Campus Sectionals
For more information, please email USTA Eastern Director of Marketing & Communications Monica LaMura
3. Tennis Advocates
USTA Eastern supports the team of motivated tennis advocates who help us grow the game on a grassroots level by providing play opportunities for children and adults in their local area. Here is a sampling of advocate opportunities that you might enjoy:
- Captain your child's Junior Team Tennis team to share your passion for tennis and create a great experience for your child and his/her friends.
- Captain a Adult League team to lead and unite your friends in a sport you all enjoy.
- Champion the growth of tennis by introducing the sport to local school leaders and other community partners.
- Join us in the launch of a revolutionary youth brand, Net Generation, aimed at providing more opportunities for kids to try tennis. Work with your Tennis Service Representative (TSR) to plan and host a play event in your community.
For more information, contact your local Tennis Service Representative.
4. Facebook Group Moderators
The goal of the regional Facebook group moderator is to check in with our regional Facebook groups about twice per day to moderate posts (approving/deleting members and posts) as well as share relevant regional content that would be appropriate for the group.
Some groups are more active than others so the time commitment may fluctuate. We ask that moderators take an active role in inviting new members who would benefit from the group.
For more information, please contact USTA Eastern Digital Marketing Assistant Kristen Semple.
Be a part of the US Open
Interested in volunteering at the biggest tennis stage in the world? Send your name, a mailing address (home or business) and an email address where you would like to receive information to firstname.lastname@example.org. US Open volunteer information will be sent out in late May.