*Important note: During the COVID-19 pandemic, safety remains our top priority in the USTA Eastern section. In coordination with the USTA Medical Advisory Committee, USTA Eastern has developed a practical set of guidelines for venues and players to follow as League play proceeds. It is important to follow these guidelines, be responsible and adhere to local government and health official mandates, which can vary by region.
Learn more about our steps to address player safety | See USTA National player tips and recommendations
- Find a USTA Eastern League
- 2022 Tentative Sectional Championship Dates and Registration
- 2022 Friend at Court
- 2022 Sectional Championship Results
- 2021 Sectional Championship Results
- USTA Eastern League Rules and Regulations
- 2021 Q&A Interpretations
Find a USTA Eastern League
USTA Eastern Leagues
League play is organized according to the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) and by age group. Don't have an NTRP rating? New players can self-rate. Learn more about NTRP ratings | Self-rate to get started (You'll need to create a USTA account.)
Eastern League Descriptions
Mixed: The USTA League mixed doubles program allows men and women of different NTRP levels to play together, encouraging participants to play with their friends, family, and co-workers. Mixed is also divided by age group.
Tri-Level: Play doubles with friends on a team that includes three different NTRP levels. Each match consists of three doubles matches, one at each level (e.g. 4.5 doubles, 4.0 doubles, 3.5 doubles).
League captains are the largest group of volunteers in the USTA. Captains have multiple responsibilities, including recruiting players, distributing materials, relaying rules for matches and recording results. While much is asked of them, League play would not be possible without their dedication and service. Interested in putting together a team? Contact your local adult league coordinator (see USTA EASTERN LEAGUE STAFF, below) to learn more about captaining. One USTA Eastern captain shares her "rewarding" experience | Get to Know A League Captain feature series | Captain's Corner
USTA Eastern League Staff
Interested in learning more? Below are the individual league coordinators you can contact to get in the game today. Not sure who to contact? Find your USTA Eastern Region here.
- Susan Friedlaender, Manager, Adult Leagues 914-642-3167
LONG ISLAND REGION
- Becky Bellino 914-351-0936
- Cole Newsome 914-393-3764
NEW JERSEY REGION
- Hazel Rodney 914-642-5130
- Jill Pitts 914-306-0043
- Ainslie Ellis 914-260-9510 (Westchester and Rockland Counties)
- Amy Guttman 914-263-7262 (Westchester and Rockland Counties)
- Kate Jennings 914-589-0700 (Mid-Hudson Valley — Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Ulster Counties)
WESTERN REGION (Binghamton, Buffalo, Ithaca, Rochester and Syracuse)
- Fauna Pappalardo 914-306-0080 (Buffalo, Ithaca and Rochester)
- Jill Pitts 914-306-0043 (Binghamton and Syracuse)
- Deb-Rose Andrews (Metro, Long Island, Westchester/Rockland)