CAREER OPPORTUNITIES /
*Please Note: New employees at USTA Southern are required to be "fully-vaccinated," as defined per USTA Southern COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Exception: Employees in need of an exemption for a medical or religious belief may complete a "Request for Accommodation" form, to be reviewed by the USTA Southern Human Resources Committee.
The purpose of this position is to provide guidance, preparation, and assistance to annual key meetings throughout USTA Southern.
Essential Position Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meeting Event Planning
- Coordinate venue selection, hotel reservations, online registration system and information page, menu selection, schedule of events, expense and travel policy administration, special recognition, invite and guest list, presentation preparation, communication and assist with travel reservations for meetings involving Southern section staff and volunteers, both online and face-to-face. ADVERTISEMENT These meetings may include but not be limited to:
o USTA Southern Annual Meeting (currently in January)
o USTA Southern Staff Exchange (currently in February every other year)
o USTA Annual Meeting (currently in March)
o USTA Southern Summer Leadership Meeting (currently in July or August)
o USTA Semiannual Meeting (currently Labor Day weekend)
o Fall State EDs Retreat (currently October)
o Nine State Annual Meetings (currently range from November-February)
o Various Department team meetings involving section and state staff and volunteers
o Various online town halls, department trainings and other virtual events for staff and volunteers (throughout the year)
o Other pop-up meetings and events as assigned
- Develop and maintain exemplary relationships with the Board of Directors, Section and State Staffs and all volunteers.
- Support the Board President and Board of Directors and their requests as well as other departments within the Association.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Executive Director.
- Familiarity with and/or willingness to learn use of online platforms such as GoToWebinar, Google Meet and other systems allowing for virtual meetings
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated self-starter, enthusiastic personality with desire to promote and grow tennis
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
- 5 years of meeting planning experience for large groups (preferred)
- Proficient knowledge in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
This position currently has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in an office setting. The position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. At times, this position will be offsite at state offices, trainings, meetings and events.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM but may require hours outside of the core business hours.
The position will require occasional travel to assigned key meetings as required by supervisor.
USTA Southern is an equal opportunity employer.
Covid Vaccine Requirement
New employees must be “fully vaccinated,” as defined by the USTA Southern COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as of the date their employment begins.
This position will report to the Director, Community Development.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for the position, please submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HR@southerntennis.com. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please no phone calls. The position will remain open until filled.