USTA League New England
USTA League New England is comprised of 15,000 players who compete in ten local areas around the section in different divisions and age groups. Players can compete in Adult and Mixed (co-ed) divisions in four different age groups. There are also Tri-Level opportunities and Combo Leagues. Click here to learn more.
Year-round offerings are played during various timeframes between September and August. All programs with the exception of Combo Leagues have national advancement opportunities. The Adult 65 & Over Sectional Champions advance to an “Invitational” in Arizona which will take place in May 2017 and competition will include all 17 sections that choose to field teams.
USTA League takes the fun and excitement of the game of tennis to a higher level by offering the “championship experience”. ADVERTISEMENT In 2016, more than 7,500 players experienced the thrill of participating at District and Sectional Championships. By the end of the Sectional Championships, 36 teams advanced to the National Championships in California, Arizona and Alabama. New England continues to place in the “top 4” out of 17 sections; 1 team placed second, 2 teams placed third and 5 teams placed fourth amongst their peers across the country!
We are proud that USTA League is and continues to be the USTA New England flagship program.
- Eastern MA led the country in unique player increases for 2016
- The 18 & Over leagues are inclusive
- As the core group of players age up and their kids turn 18, there has been an increase in mother/daughter and father/son teams in the Adult 18 & Over league
- New initiatives are underway to enroll the 18-39 year old age group by offering different leagues that appeal to these players
- The largest NTRP group for league players is 3.5 for women and 4.0 for men
- All USTA Leagues offer doubles play and two age groups offer singles