Challenger 10s tournaments are entry-level tournaments that count towards USTA Texas Youth Progression, issuing both virtual stars and trophies. These tournaments are run in conjunction with Challenger 2-Day (12s-18s) tournaments.
Introduced in 2017, Participation Credit 1-Day (10s) tournaments will be offered in conjunction with Challenger 1-Day (12s-18s) tournaments. These tournaments will issue virtual stars only. Players competing in 10s divisions are limited to one Challenger 1-Day (10s)/Participation Credit 1-Day (10s) each month.
Why Youth Progression?
Players should advance through the various stages with the understanding that this is not a race to Yellow Ball, but a process rich in development opportunities at each stage.
Youth Progression encourages players to set quantifiable and achievable goals at each stage of the beginning of their junior tournament careers and will equip players with a goal-setting mindset to carry throughout their lives.ADVERTISEMENT
Note: USTA Texas sanctioned tournaments scheduled for June 2020 have been canceled. Please check your tournament homepage for more information. Tournaments affected are highlighted in yellow.
- CCA Tennis Laredo Challenger on May 2-3
- San Angelo May Challenger on May 9-10
- Portland Texas Tennis Challenger on July 11-12
- City of Laredo Summer Challenger on August 1-2
- City of Laredo Fiesta Challenger on September 11-12
- CCA Tennis Laredo Challenger on November 14-15
- Tennis Success Challenger on December 12-13