Battle of the
USTA Eastern | February 1, 2018
USTA Eastern's Southern Region will host its first-ever Battle of the Burbs Tennis Challenge. This is an adult recreational tournament that will be held on June 9 at 1:00 p.m., with a rain date of June 10.
The event allows adult players to compete in a friendly atmosphere and represent their neighborhoods, parks and make new friends.
The players will use the World TeamTennis format with a minimum of 2 men and 2 women, maximum of 4 men and 4 women. The event will include Men’s and Women’s Singles/Doubles and Mixed Doubles.
Gillie Tennis Courts
Gedney Way, White Plains, NY 10605
Court Surface: Har-tru
Thanks to White Plains Recreation & Parks Department
- World TeamTennis Format
- Minimum 2 men and 2 women
- Maximum 4 men and 4 women
- Individual medals for the winning team
- All participants receive a t-shirt, snacks and minimum 2 rounds of tennis
- Non-USTA members welcome.
- Within Tennislink, if you're a non-member, you will be prompted to create a non-member account. If you do not have an NTRP rating, you will be prompted to self-rate.
- One team (6-8 players) from each town site will be enrolled.
- Players must be 18 years and older.
- There will be four (4) teams from Flight A and four (4) teams from Flight B including men's singles and doubles, as well as women's singles, doubles and mixed doubles.
Rules and Registration:
Adult teams of up to ten players 18 years old and up will compete against other teams on June 9, with a rain date of June 10 at 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Download rules here.
- Teams must register by Monday, June 5
- NTRP rating of 4.0 or higher.
- Click here for NTRP guidelines
- Click here to self-rate
Registration is $20/per person.
*Players need to create non-member account in Tennislink if they do not have an existing USTA membership. No payment necessary!
- Tournament ID # 100109218
There are battles throughout the USTA Eastern Section. This include Battle of the Boroughs (Metro), Battle of the Parks (New Jersey) and Battle of the Island (Long Island). The Southern winners of both flights will be invited to participate in the Championships!
Date: July 21st
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Flushing Meadows - Corona Park, Queens, N.Y.
Contact Sandy Hoffman, Southern Region Tennis Service Representative to find out more!
For schedule/results and statistics, please click here.