USTA Eastern Adult League General Information
- Find a USTA Eastern League
- 2023 Tentative Sectional Championship Dates and Registration
- 2022 Friend at Court
- 2022 Sectional Championship Results
- 2021 Sectional Championship Results
- USTA Eastern League Rules and Regulations
- 2021 Q&A Interpretations
USTA Eastern Leagues
USTA League tennis is the largest adult competitive tennis league in the country and is available across the entire USTA Eastern Section in a variety of divisions and age groups. League play is a great way to meet friends, stay active and improve your tennis game. Top teams will have the opportunity to compete in regional and sectional championships, with the winners of sectionals in each division advancing to USTA League National Championships in the fall.
League play is organized according to the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) and by age group. Don't have an NTRP rating? New players can self-rate. Learn more about NTRP ratings | Self-rate to get started (You'll need to create a USTA account.)
Eastern League Descriptions
Adult: USTA League tennis is an adult recreational tennis program for all players. Local league play is divided according to age and NTRP ratings (e.g. 18 & Over 3.0 Men's, 40 & Over 4.0 Women's). Anyone 18 and over can participate. Regional winners in each division advance to play teams from across the Eastern section at the USTA Eastern Sectional Championships.
Mixed: The USTA League mixed doubles program allows men and women of different NTRP levels to play together, encouraging participants to play with their friends, family, and co-workers. Mixed is also divided by age group.
Tri-Level: Play doubles with friends on a team that includes three different NTRP levels. Each match consists of three doubles matches, one at each level (e.g. 4.5 doubles, 4.0 doubles, 3.5 doubles).
League captains are the largest group of volunteers in the USTA. Captains have multiple responsibilities, including recruiting players, distributing materials, relaying rules for matches and recording results. While much is asked of them, League play would not be possible without their dedication and service. Interested in putting together a team? Contact your local adult league coordinator (see USTA EASTERN LEAGUE STAFF, below) to learn more about captaining. One USTA Eastern captain shares her "rewarding" experience | Get to Know A League Captain feature series | Captain's Corner
USTA Eastern League Staff
Interested in learning more? Below are the individual league coordinators you can contact to get in the game today. Not sure who to contact? Find your USTA Eastern Region here.
- Susan Friedlaender, Manager, Adult Leagues 914-642-3167
LONG ISLAND REGION
- Becky Bellino 914-351-0936
- Cole Newsome 914-393-3764
NEW JERSEY REGION
- Hazel Rodney 914-642-5130
- Jill Pitts 914-306-0043
- Ainslie Ellis 914-260-9510 (Westchester and Rockland Counties)
- Amy Guttman 914-263-7262 (Westchester and Rockland Counties)
- Kate Jennings 914-589-0700 (Mid-Hudson Valley — Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Ulster Counties)
WESTERN REGION (Binghamton, Buffalo, Ithaca, Rochester and Syracuse)
- Fauna Pappalardo 914-306-0080 (Buffalo, Ithaca and Rochester)
- Jill Pitts 914-306-0043 (Binghamton and Syracuse)
- Deb-Rose Andrews (Metro, Long Island, Westchester/Rockland)