USTA MIDDLE STATES
Middle States |
JUNIOR TOURNAMENTS IN MIDDLE STATES
Whether you're just beginning in a junior program in your community, or have been regularly competing in section or national tournaments and training camps, Middle States has you covered.
This page consists of valuable information including the typical progression of a junior tennis player, commonly asked questions on the world of competitive junior tennis, grant opportunities, a list of USTA Middle States tournaments, explanation of the Points Per Round system, endorsement procedures to national events and more.
To search & sign up for a junior tournament in Middle States, click here.
New Ranking System & Shadow Rankings
The 17 sectional ranking systems and one national ranking system will be replaced with ONE nationwide ranking system for the Level 1 - 7 ranking tournaments.
One set of nationwide ranking tables will determine the points earned in all ranking tournaments. To get you ready, the USTA will also be publishing Shadow Rankings in November and December so you can see your projected position.
Recommended COVID-19 Protocols: Junior Player Bag Check
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times except when playing on the court (check with the club/facility holding the tournament for additional protocols)
- Arrive at the facility close to assigned start time ready to play, and depart immediately after your match
- Bring your own water bottles, towel, hand sanitizer and any other personal equipment and store them in tennis bag
- Bring your own chair and avoid sharing a bench with an opponent and/or teammate
- Use headbands, hats, towels or wristbands to avoid touching your face during play
- Wash/Sanitize hands often (before/during/after matches)
- Clearly verbalize score at the start of each point and use technology to report scores (email or text)
- Maintain safe physical distance between players during the racquet spin at the start of a match
- Maintain physical distancing if changing ends of the court
- Tap racquets at the end of the match instead of shaking players’ hand
LINKS AND RESOURCES